When is the other shoe going to drop?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Stewart Fleming, Jun 9, 2004.

  1. Stewart Fleming <stewart.fleming@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:<4eTxc.1746$NA1.166378@news02.tsnz.net>...
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/04/ath-
    > letics_enl_1086767806/html/1.stm
    >
    > What's the equivalent in cycling?

    Looks like a close facsimile was found in Italy. See
    "Massive raids in Italian anti-doping swoop" at:

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jun04-
    /jun11news

    Pretty clever how those cyclists figured out not to keep the
    syringes in their hotel rooms during the Giro. And I know
    it's been said before, but the implication of so many
    amateur riders is really sad.

    In this context, are the Italian 'amatuers' like US Cat 1s
    and 2s or more like Masters Fatties? What would a hotel raid
    before the Podunk, Arkansas Downtown Crit reveal? Better
    yet, how about at the SoCal District Masters 32+
    Championships?

    Janek

  2. Bob In Ct

    Bob In Ct Guest

    On 11 Jun 2004 05:57:13 -0700, Not Really Janek <janektombak@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    > Stewart Fleming <stewart.fleming@paradise.net.nz> wrote in
    > message news:<4eTxc.1746$NA1.166378@news02.tsnz.net>...
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/04/at-
    >> hletics_enl_1086767806/html/1.stm
    >>
    >> What's the equivalent in cycling?
    >
    > Looks like a close facsimile was found in Italy. See
    > "Massive raids in Italian anti-doping swoop" at:
    >
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jun04/j-
    > un11news
    >
    > Pretty clever how those cyclists figured out not to keep
    > the syringes in their hotel rooms during the Giro. And I
    > know it's been said before, but the implication of so many
    > amateur riders is really sad.
    >
    > In this context, are the Italian 'amatuers' like US Cat 1s
    > and 2s or more like Masters Fatties? What would a hotel
    > raid before the Podunk, Arkansas Downtown Crit reveal?
    > Better yet, how about at the SoCal District Masters 32+
    > Championships?
    >
    > Janek

    Probably nothing, because the 32+ age group shouldn't care
    too much about winning. Or do they?

    --
    Bob in CT Remove ".x" to reply

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Bob in CT wrote:
    > Probably nothing, because the 32+ age group shouldn't care
    > too much about winning. Or do they?

    LANCE's DOB: 18 Sept 1971

Share This Page