Who Really Speaks For The Peloton?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by CyclePro, Apr 27, 2005.

  1. CyclePro

    CyclePro Guest

    Lance or Franco?

    "I think that it's good for the sport that Lance Armstrong is coming [to the
    Tour], but I like Jan Ullrich better as a person. In fact, in the peloton,
    only Ivan Basso likes Armstrong."--Franco Pellizotti in ProCycling

    Tags:

  2. Ed Sullivan

    Ed Sullivan Guest

    CyclePro wrote:
    > Lance or Franco?
    >
    > "I think that it's good for the sport that Lance Armstrong is coming

    [to the
    > Tour], but I like Jan Ullrich better as a person. In fact, in the

    peloton,
    > only Ivan Basso likes Armstrong."--Franco Pellizotti in ProCycling

    This would be relevant if the yellow jersey or other honors were
    awarded based on popularity. Hinault was a dick, but who cares?
    History will only remember his achievements on the bike.

  3. I spoke for the peloton once -- the masters field I was in was sent off
    in a crit where the course had not been secured. A car drove toward the
    field and then a rider hit a policeman who was not aware we'd started.
    Me and another rider at who were first to the S/F at the end of lap one
    stopped the field and talked the promoter to get them to secure the
    course before we'd race.

    JT

  4. psycholist

    psycholist Guest

    I thought Who retired years ago. I believe WHAT speaks for the peloton now.

    --
    Bob C.

    "Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
    T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)
    "CyclePro" <Pro@Cycle.org> wrote in message
    > Lance or Franco?
    >
    > "I think that it's good for the sport that Lance Armstrong is coming [to
    > the Tour], but I like Jan Ullrich better as a person. In fact, in the
    > peloton, only Ivan Basso likes Armstrong."--Franco Pellizotti in
    > ProCycling

  5. does everyone hate you at your job?

  6. Ed Sullivan wrote:

    > This would be relevant if the yellow jersey or other honors were
    > awarded based on popularity. Hinault was a dick, but who cares?

    <snip>

    Dumbass -

    Brian Lafferty cares.

    Why? who knows? It sort of reminds me of high school.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  7. Ed Sullivan

    Ed Sullivan Guest

    m...@dlowracing.org wrote:
    > does everyone hate you at your job?

    job?!

  8. gwhite

    gwhite Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

    > Ed Sullivan wrote:
    > >
    > > This would be relevant if the yellow jersey or other honors were
    > > awarded based on popularity. Hinault was a dick, but who cares?

    > <snip>
    >
    > Dumbass -
    >
    > Brian Lafferty cares.
    >
    > Why? who knows? It sort of reminds me of high school.

    Dumbass,

    I've never been able to figure that out either.

Share This Page