Why Lance and Sheryl split. 2006 Tour!!!

nitrous

Oct 25, 2004
Here's my theory...

The french press have hounded Lance since his retirement, effectively defaming him and firing him up to the point of bringing up old, unproveable drug allegations.

Everyone knows that Lance is one of the most competitive people on the planet. Surely these words and allegations have set a fire burning within him.

Now, based on that, he suggested to Sheryl that he wanted to stick it up them and ride in the tour again this year, in order to ******** the French media once and for all. This would have gone against his promise last year to her that he would stop riding in order to spend more time with his family.

In the end, Sheryl put it to him that it was her or the bike, he chose the bike. :eek:

So, based on that, I think we will see Lance surprise everyone and race for win number 8 which should be brilliant given the attention that Jan is getting and the supposed physical form of Lance's biggest competitor.

Yeah keep dreaming.........

nitrous said:
Here's my theory...

The french press have hounded Lance since his retirement, effectively defaming him and firing him up to the point of bringing up old, unproveable drug allegations.

Everyone knows that Lance is one of the most competitive people on the planet. Surely these words and allegations have set a fire burning within him.

Now, based on that, he suggested to Sheryl that he wanted to stick it up them and ride in the tour again this year, in order to ******** the French media once and for all. This would have gone against his promise last year to her that he would stop riding in order to spend more time with his family.

In the end, Sheryl put it to him that it was her or the bike, he chose the bike. :eek:

So, based on that, I think we will see Lance surprise everyone and race for win number 8 which should be brilliant given the attention that Jan is getting and the supposed physical form of Lance's biggest competitor.

The international press has hounded him, based on what appear to be... proveable allegations.

Most competitive people on the planet? Come on, he was a top-notch cyclist, with an incredible life story (single parent, fighting cancer), nothing more, nothing less.

Face it, he is, as most great atheletes, most probably very arrogant and self-centered (things you need to be to become a great in any field). And now that his competitive cycling days are over... he has to readjust.

Coming back to riding competitively? Come on.

nitrous said:
Here's my theory...

No he won't!

He's retired. Let's take him at his word for the moment. The coolest thing would be if he came out of retirement, not to win, but to ride for Hincapie for a Tour win ..

Well that scenario is also very unlikely........IF (big IF) he would do the TDF again then he'll win it again with full teamsupport.......that is what made him a 7 time TDF-winner......

The team.......
FrankBattle said:
He's retired. Let's take him at his word for the moment. The coolest thing would be if he came out of retirement, not to win, but to ride for Hincapie for a Tour win ..

FrankBattle said:
Or to ride in the Vuelta or the Giro.

Either way - LANCE PLEASE COME BACK AND CYCLE ONCE AGAIN!!!

sammyking said:
Or to ride in the Vuelta or the Giro.

Either way - LANCE PLEASE COME BACK AND CYCLE ONCE AGAIN!!!

Lance please stay away, because we care