Wippermann 9 Speed Stainless Steel Connex Chain

mzagorski

Jun 17, 2003
Anyone used these chains? I'm looking for a good chain that will last for a good amount of time.. How do these compare to a standard Shimano Dura-Ace chain? At twice the price.. is is going to last twice as long?? I'm using 9 speed.

Originally posted by mzagorski
Anyone used these chains? I'm looking for a good chain that will last for a good amount of time.. How do these compare to a standard Shimano Dura-Ace chain? At twice the price.. is is going to last twice as long?? I'm using 9 speed.

Life span depends more on usage than make , can´t see that it will last longer but if you can dismount it more often to clean then it may If you do clean it . Otherwise your paying for less weight / the name / the material etc.

remember on average stainless steel is usualy softer then a good carbon steel. but then again it is usualy a little more abrainion resistant.

I love the Wipperman chains. I have used them on several bikes and the extra price is worth it, both in 8,9, and 10 speed chains. I love the fact that you can take them apart without any tools or buying replacement pins. Wipperman chains in connection with Dumonde Tech lube in the perfect combination.