Wireless computer not working

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by IMBA Jim, Jan 29, 2005.

  1. IMBA Jim

    IMBA Jim Guest

    I'd appreciate any help. I have a Supergo wireless computer that I can set for
    two wheel sizes so I use it on both my mountain and road bikes. The computer
    stoped reading speed/distance, but the clock function works and the readout is
    bright..

    1. I changed batteries in computer and in fork transmitters.
    2. I adjusted magnet/transmitter fit in every which way.
    3. i adjusted computer clamp on handlebar in a variety of ways.

    Nothing is working. Any ideas appreciated? Jim Hasenauer

    Tags:

  2. VeloBen

    VeloBen Guest

    Jim,

    I use the Cateye double wireless system and have found that when
    changing batteries the system ID or channel ID needs to be reset as
    well. With the wrong ID everything looks like it is working and it is,
    but teh but tehdisplay unit is rejecting the transmitter's signal as
    being from another bike.

    Ben

  3. "IMBA Jim" wrote:

    > I'd appreciate any help. I have a Supergo wireless computer that I can
    > set for
    > two wheel sizes so I use it on both my mountain and road bikes. The
    > computer
    > stoped reading speed/distance, but the clock function works and the
    > readout is
    > bright..
    >
    > 1. I changed batteries in computer and in fork transmitters.
    > 2. I adjusted magnet/transmitter fit in every which way.
    > 3. i adjusted computer clamp on handlebar in a variety of ways.
    >
    > Nothing is working. Any ideas appreciated?

    I sounds like a bad receiver in the head unit since it's not likely both
    transmitter units are bad. Is there a way to change the rf frequency the
    unit works on? I'm thinking maybe the transmitters are not on the same
    frequency as the receiver.

    I assume the unit was working at one time. How much time elapsed between the
    last time you know it was working and when you noticed it wasn't working?
    What happened before it stopped working (e.g., did you reprogram it, change
    batts, crash the bike, etc.)?

    Art Harris

  4. On 29 Jan 2005 17:46:50 GMT, imbajim@aol.com (IMBA Jim) wrote:

    >I'd appreciate any help. I have a Supergo wireless computer
    >.................snips..............
    >Nothing is working. Any ideas appreciated?

    Jim--jack it up and run a Vetta under it.......

  5. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    Arthur Harris wrote:
    > "IMBA Jim" wrote:
    >
    >> I'd appreciate any help. I have a Supergo wireless computer that I
    >> can set for
    >> two wheel sizes so I use it on both my mountain and road bikes. The
    >> computer
    >> stoped reading speed/distance, but the clock function works and the
    >> readout is
    >> bright..
    >>
    >> 1. I changed batteries in computer and in fork transmitters.
    >> 2. I adjusted magnet/transmitter fit in every which way.
    >> 3. i adjusted computer clamp on handlebar in a variety of ways.
    >>
    >> Nothing is working. Any ideas appreciated?

    > I sounds like a bad receiver in the head unit since it's not likely
    > both transmitter units are bad. Is there a way to change the rf
    > frequency the unit works on? I'm thinking maybe the transmitters are
    > not on the same frequency as the receiver.

    I don't know about all transmitter units, but mine is just a battery that
    creates a RF pulse as the wheel magnet passes it. The head unit simply picks up
    these pulses. Other units I've fiddled with are the same. The case for the
    "transmitter" may serve as an antenna to focus the RF pulse.

    Sounds like a dead head unit to me.

    Matt O.

Share This Page