Wrist Pain!

Somedude

Guest
Hi everyone,

I have a very strange pain problem in my right wrist. The problem seems to come and go, and I
experienced the first symptoms like a year ago. My problem is the following: when I push with a flat
palm, I feel pain in the top-front portion of the wrist. This occurs when doing push-ups, standing
up from a chair, pushing a car etc... The pain is really weaker or inexistent when my palm is closed
(doing push-ups on fists, riding my bicycle, etc...) I feel that the pain comes from some
misalignment of the bones in my wrist. And I don't feel the pain at any other time, only when
pushing something heavy enough (like my own weight).

I have a few theories on what may be causing that pain: First, I play classical guitar. I read about
Carpal Tunnel Syndrom, but it always seems to occur in the left hand for a right-handed guitarist
(like me). However my pain comes from my right fist, and I don't feel any pain while playing.

I also do a lot of bicycle. There's a lot of bumps on our street and it must not be good for the
wrists to absorb all those shocks...

I don't know if it's related, but I can make my right wrist crack a lot (I can't with my left). In
general, my left wrist just feels lighter, quicker and healthier than my right...

Would anybody have clues on what's going on and how to cure it (no surgery) ? Thanks

Oliver

SomeDude <[email protected]> wrote:
: Hi everyone,

: I have a very strange pain problem in my right wrist. The problem

Do you have numbness and/or tingling? If so, in which parts of the hand? In which fingers?

Emma

Emma Chase VanCott <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> SomeDude <[email protected]> wrote:
> : Hi everyone,
>
> : I have a very strange pain problem in my right wrist. The problem
>
> Do you have numbness and/or tingling? If so, in which parts of the hand? In which fingers?
>

> Emma

No numbness, no tingling either. Just a pain that comes from the inside of the wrist. I don't feel
anything in my hand/fingers.

Olivier

There is a good chance it is a result of having previously fractured your scaphoid in your wrist as this can go undetected. I've done the same and the doc says suck it up and get on with life as best you can. Apparently **** happens is a real diagnosis.