WTB: rigid fork to replace suspension fork

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Richard InNwa, Aug 18, 2004.

  1. I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
    an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
    "men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

    Tags:

  2. SuperSlinky

    SuperSlinky Guest

    Richard InNwa said...

    > I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
    > an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
    > "men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

    http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&Category=512

  3. Craig

    Craig Guest

    > I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
    > an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
    > "men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

    You could dump your girlfriend. Problem solved.

  4. SuperSlinky <nospam@least.com> wrote in message news:<MPG.1b8d2918c98249d9898cd@netnews.comcast.net>...
    > Richard InNwa said...
    >
    > > I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
    > > an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
    > > "men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

    > http://aebike.com/site/page.cfm?PageID=30&Category=512

    Thanks! I thought I checked AEBike, but if I did, I must have missed that fork.

  5. Gary Mishler

    Gary Mishler Guest

    "Richard InNwa" <rinwa1350@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm seeking a (1 1/8" threadless steerer tube) rigid fork to replace
    > an "RST Capa CL". The bike (my girlfriend's) is a 2003 15" (seat tube)
    > "men's" Specialized Hardrock CrMo. Any ideas?

    Usually the rigid forks and suspension forks are different lengths. Your
    frame is designed for the length of fork it is supplied with. If you put a
    different length fork on, it will change the headtube angle and thus the
    steering/handling of the bike.

    Better check the fork length on the fork you are considering as compared to
    the one on the bike now and find out if it will make a difference in
    handling that you can live with.

    Mish

Share This Page