Thank you, Miami! Dear David...p.4

  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

double post error, please erase

#2 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:45 PM

I have been awfully hard on Miami cops for some time now, for good reasons.

But, I just got my stolen bike returned, notified by Miami Police.

Highgear Cycling, http://www.highgearcycling.com/ , here in Coconut Grove,

made the recovery: they knew me and they knew my Trek Lime.

Thank you Ricky, Gustavo, of Highgear. I owe you again.

Thank you, Miami Police, who were kind enough to come out here to tell me of the recovery.

Thank you, who returned the bike to Highgear Cycling.  If and when I get a slug of money,

I will reward you (you just write to me at reidwelch@netscape.com)

As it is,  I live in the garage space of this house, in a chair. I am not fat or happy, per se,

but am happy and relatively fat to have the Trek again, most grateful, indeed.

The arrival, unannounced, of a pair of cops terrorized me. I had no idea of the bike recovery.
I thought I was getting arrested again. I should not have panicked.  I thank the couple who

unwittingly bought the bike from the thief. They got a flat tire, took the bike to the nearest bike shop,

Highgear, who are my friends, though I do not know why.

Before the theft

Question for Detectives:

what colors are the bumpers under the Thudbuster today and also at the time of theft?

The bumpers both used to be gray as seen in the video. Today they are what colors?

Thank you Ricky and Gustavo of Highgear, and thanks also to M.P.D. for their trouble taken.

mira...I thank you for doing a good deed, cops....

We need to talk soon, but not tonight.

Thank you, Gustavo and Ricky, you are super-champs.

Highgear Cycling gravity |ˈgravitē|
noun
1 Physics the force that attracts a body toward the center of the earth,

 or toward any other physical body having mass.
For most purposes Newton's laws of gravity apply, with minor
modifications to take the general theory of relativity into account.

Jenny and ALL of the crew at Highgear: thank you. I owe my existence, in a sense, to you.
I would not have a Trek Lime today if not for you all. Thank you so much, siempre

#3 davereo

davereo

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:01 PM

Consider yourself very lucky.  Rarely is a stolen bike ever returned to the original owner.

#4 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:30 PM

((sniff, tearing))  Yes, davereo, I thought it was gone forever. It was my fault, leaving the bike for just one minute unattended, unlocked,

exactly right there in front of The Home Depot, where you see it in the video made several weeks before the loss.

The unwitting buyer let me have my bike back. I hope I can reward him and his woman for their decency, soon. They did the good deed.

They bought the bike from a street person.  Soon, it got a flat. It is not intuitive for a lay person to fix a flat on a Coasting bike.
So they took the bike to the nearest bike shop: happened to be the shop owned by the super-folks of Highgear Cycling.

"This is Reid's bike.     Wonder if he got arrested again?"

Originally Posted by davereo View Post

Consider yourself very lucky.  Rarely is a stolen bike ever returned to the original owner.

update: I learned from the manager of The Home Depot:

the thief was a Latino boy.  Not a "street person" at all.
Boys will be boys while they are boys, I say...and forgive.

#5 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

Just now checked my email and found this note below.

Of course, when I arrived at Highgear, Ricky was standing outside,

talking to the errant "owner" of the bike. I was shaken, upset, but understand now he did me a good turn indeed.

Thank you, Ricky, Gustavo, and the guy who bought a used bike, cheap. I will try to make good.

It is hard to imagine the number of people upset or stressed by a bike theft.

People always grieve for a lost bike, for it is lost humanity.  When a recovery occurs,

it is a near-miracle of life.  Thank you, Miami, Coconut Grove, and even, the thief...for teaching me a lesson;

I will not leave my bike alone unlocked for even a

Quote:

From:   Richard Leiva <ricky@highgearcycling.com>
To:   ReidWelch@netscape.com
Subject:   Black Bike
Date:   Tue 06/14/11 04:30 PM
Attachments
Name Type Save View
Message   text/plain Save
 Hi Reid Someone brought in your bike to get a flat fixed. We were wondering if the bike was stolen? We called the police and they have the information. Call us as soon as you can.   Ricky Leiva Highgear Cycling 3423 Main Highway Miami, FL 33133 305 444-2175

#6 Jim Moore

Jim Moore

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:51 AM

Maybe you could put together a little video, talk about how awesome the Miami cops are.

#7 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

Many cops are very nice, they really are.  But they all cover for criminals who rule them.

Officer Hagan, of Miami Gas Station Robbery (YT search) is an exemplary cop.

Their lips are sealed because they need to keep their careers.

I met two familiar cops today at a minor accident scene.  I bumped a car with my bike, my fault, I looked down at a loose cargo item.

Accident exchange of information.  "Is this guy going to be good for fixing my car?"

"Yes.  Say, are you still doing the propane thing, Reid"?

"Yes.  And you're still doing the cocaine things here in town."  The lady I was chatting with was confused by this.

The cops merely smiled.  We have each others numbers. I told her to YT Miami Crack Cops and then click on the more info links

if she can handle horror.

http://freewrights.freeforums.org/the-horrors-of-the-ninth-floor-and-more-t2036.html

Originally Posted by Jim Moore View Post

Maybe you could put together a little video, talk about how awesome the Miami cops are.

#8 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Dear Jody, I am so sorry. The little accident was entirely my fault. I looked down when I should have looked ahead.

Even a minor impact means huge costs these day. I love you and will not let you be harmed.

Quote:Show Full Headers | Printer View | Add Sender To Address Book

From:   " Reid Welch" <ReidWelch@netscape.com>
To:   <eben@att.net>
Subject:   Fwd: Re: Repair estimate, sweet thoughts
Date:   Thu 06/16/11 04:23 PM
Attachments
Name Type Save View
Message   text/html Save

--- Begin forwarded message:

From: " Reid Welch" <ReidWelch@netscape.com>
To: "Jodi Greenberg" <greenberxxxx@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Repair estimate, sweet thoughts
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 13:23:03 -0700

Dear heart,

I am so sorry for my fault and that I harmed your extraordinarily expensive car.

The estimate is about what I expected. I live in a chair in the garage. Cops. will confirm.

Ernie Bennett is not responsible for my errors.  I will pay for the damages as my income permits.

I will get a slug of money ($674) on the first of the month. I propose to pay $100 per month,

and interest, if you like. I am a poor and broken man.  I am not bad person.

Jody, see what I was like before I became ruined by cops?

If you know anyone who can use a household helper or dog walker, I could help work off the debt faster.
As it is, I am virtually unemployable. I lay in this dreadful chair about twenty hours a day, a physical and mental loss.

I had a good life for a long time. It is about over now.

Will give you a phone number when I have one to share.

Ernie cannot pay for my accident.  I can pay in time, and also I can offer to be a friend and work for you in any way you like.

A poem for you, for women whom I upset. I made it. It is for peace,

Let's make pearls
instead of quarrels?

Place a grain of sand inside me,
bide a while—idle wild
while my nature smooths the grit
until it turns a pearl, or pit.

I surrender—see your pearl?
This gift for you—its glow is amber
in the firelight, on the beach,
all the nights the embers reach—

for butter, salt, a bit of bread;
my life was that, and this is said
with no regrets, except that now
I am devoured,

and so, propose—

we dance on in the moon-time pale,
strumming pearls of words on strings,
forgetting knots, and without clasps.

See our words float to the sky?

Of many moons——our human sighs.

by rrw

#9 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

From:   Jodi Greenberg <greenbexxx@gmail.com>
To:   ReidWelch@netscape.com
Date:   Thu 06/16/11 04:53 PM
Attachments
Name Type Save View
Part 1   text/plain Save
Part 2   text/html Save
I'm truly sorry for your misfortune, however, I am not in a position to lay out money for damages you caused. Sometimes when we do something in error we make concessions in order to do the right thing. I understand your limited income, however, mine is too. Don't judge me by the car I drive as I am not asseing your financial situation by your dwelling.   I do not think you are taking responsibility and think that $100 per month for an $800+ bill is NOT right. I think you need to figure out, like you mentioned in front of the cops you would sell something to make restitution. You receive $650 mo. and don't drive, have a roof over your head and have a meal provided for you. Perhaps you make some sacrifices or ask your partner for some help.   I do not want this to get ugly or have to go to court to handle this. I was Innocent and this has already caused me time and gas money to go get an estimate.

Let me know your plan as $100 per month is not acceptable!

#10 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

Jody? We can be great friends. Consider that I am insured for you by MPD and Miami Dade Police and by the State of Florida and the Federal Government.

Send the bill to them or go fish however you like. I will pay you $100 per month if you are lucky.

#11 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:09 PM

Jody? You drive a giant black SUV loaded with important stuff, like smartphones and briefs, not mens.

This is bicycle advocates forum.

#12 64Paramount

64Paramount

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Dude, put the crack pipe down and step away from the keyboard....

  • Reid2 and like this
Sometimes you may have to look very close to see it, but a measure of grace exists within us all..

#13 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

I was really, especially upset, sorry, for the loss of my Trek Lime Lite bike so carefully customized.

It was stolen late last month. Gone forever, I figured. I made no formal cop report, as I am in conflict with criminal cops.

The bike was returned the other day (see the top of this thread)

Today had the bike back in nice working order, and thought to go buy a rear luggage rack onto which I can mount a basket for groceries and propane

I tucked a worn-out sanding belt into the coiled cable lock and pedaled out of the driveway.  The belt fell part out of the coil and chaffed my leg, I looked down

to tuck the belt back in.  Boom. I rear ended a stopped car.  My fault.  I got the rack anyway. Jody? Chill?

#14 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:32 PM

I was really, especially upset, sorry, for the loss of my Trek Lime Lite bike so carefully customized.

It was stolen late last month. Gone forever, I figured. I made no formal cop report, as I am in conflict with criminal cops.

The bike was returned the other day (see the top of this thread).

Today had the bike back in nice working order, and thought to go buy a rear luggage rack onto which I can mount a basket for groceries and propane.

I tucked a worn-out sanding belt into the coiled cable lock and pedaled out of the driveway.  The belt fell part out of the coil and chaffed my leg, I looked down

to tuck the belt back in.  Boom. I rear ended a stopped car.  My fault.  I got the rack anyway. Jody? Chill?

______________________________

Jody? It was not really nice of your friend, Sandy, to hop out of the black Mercedes, all huff and muscle, and intimidate me,

five minutes ago at our front gate.

SO WHAT IF SHE IS MARRIED TO A MIAMI COP?

Sandy looks buff when bugged. I am not level-voiced when bullied or pushed.

Jody, you are pretty and really a nice person when not provoked.  Sandy can be great too.

I did not ask you to PUSH me like you did.  But, I see, cop work is in your family (Sandy).

I hate bullies, always have. And big cars too.

#15 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:41 PM

I always wondered in Miami, who drives all those super-nice cars?

Well, the Miami Secret Service drives his-and-his http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_Cayenne.

Jody is not a cop. But she is well connected. She drives a huge black Mercedes SUV and works hard for the money.

#16 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Show Full Headers | Printer View | Add Sender To Address Book

From:   " Reid Welch" <ReidWelch@netscape.com>
To:   "Jodi G" <greenbe@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Heads up, you are on a public forum now...think "briefs"
Date:   Thu 06/16/11 05:46 PM
Attachments
Name Type Save View
Part 1   text/html Save
Part 2   image/gif Save View
Jody, after what you did, showing up here, honking your horn,

terrorizing an eighty year old man, and messing with me, whom you knew was cop-damaged,

I am never going to pay you a penny.  Go fish for a Schwinn.

From:   Jodi Greenberg <green@gmail.com>
To:   ReidWelch@netscape.com
Date:   Thu 06/16/11 05:20 PM
Attachments
Name Type Save View
Part 1.1   text/plain Save
Part 1.2   text/html Save
Part 2   image/gif Save View
I'm not sure I understand what this proves and why you are posting this when all you have to do is pay damages.

#17 davereo

davereo

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

I bet the next time the cops show up at your door they are going to Taser you. Make sure to post the video of that.

  • Reid2 and like this

#18 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

Jody? You are beloved. Do not think at all that I hate you.

I do not fear cops or "judges" or any of that illegal stuff anymore.

Let's relax and think.  I drive a tiny black bike...and you drive a giant black Mercedes.

#19 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Jody or any driver or cop can kill me any day very easily. I ride a Trek Lime.

I wear a bright yellow-green safety shirt, almost always.  You can't miss me.

Police all know I am a special case of worms

Justin Elmore Lemire invented and made that light. 15-100V AC or DC.
I thought to apply it to Shimano Coasting bike magneto power.

Justin's lamp flickers on AC current and makes cars see you

unless you are about to rear end them.  : )

Justin is the only man ever to ride across Canada on an e-bike

http://www.ebikes.ca/index.shtml

Dear Justin, if you read this, know, every day I ride a bike alive, because of you.

http://www.ebikes.ca/index.shtml

The light has lasted a thousand miles on high voltage AC. It's as rugged as you are kindly.

http://video.google....25878624577581#

"I was riding an electric bike across Canada"

#20 Reid2

Reid2

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

I am a sweet person unless provoked.

My Black friends in the Grove will attest.

"Robert is OK." Any of them could kill me at any time if they thought I was against them or against truth.

Robert is my birth name. It is my name reserved for honor.

Jody? I am sorry. I will try to pay for your car's damages. I flash like that magneto light. It's my waveform (Justin understands AC currents too)

Please do not press me, Jody or Sandy or cops. I am a fuse, short.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users