3 replies to this topic

#1 jrstudman81

jrstudman81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

Looking to get the specialized sirrus limited fitness hybrid bike, which by the way is faster or just as fast as a road bike, no matter what you people say! My dimensions our 5 foot 9 inches inseam/leg length 29inches, so what I be a large frame or what? which would be 19-20inches or 17-18inches.

#2 OldGoat

OldGoat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

If you want to believe that a "specialized sirrus limited fitness hybrid bike...is faster or just as fast as a road bike" then go right ahead. Beliefs, unfortunately, are not assailable by fact or reason.

#3 doctorold

doctorold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

I think you're a medium frame but a bike shop would be able to tell you better.  As far as faster? Depends on who's peddling.  But keep this in mind, if you're on a hybrid, you're sitting up taller creating more wind resistance.  If you're on a road bike you are more aerodynamic.  Figure out the rest on your own.  I made the switch to road bike and instantly my avg. mph was up 2.5.

#4 BikerM

BikerM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

I was riding in the park today and many hybrid out there...  they dont have a change against my road bike unless they pedal like no tomorrow! Is going to be hard to keep up with a road bike...  that's my take...  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users