Photo

Performance Bicycle "Perfect Gift" Contest. Win Free Gear!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 shawea

shawea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

Sponsored by Performance Bicycle

Looking for Gear or Gifts?

Performance Bicycle Home It's that time of year when we start thinking about what our cycling friends and family really want to take their riding to the next level.

Performance Bicycle has created the Perfect Holiday Gift Guide and is sponsoring a contest to highlight the best value in cycling gift options for those who mean the most to you! Best of all, by participating you are entered to win one of four $100 gift cards from Performance Bicycle!

How to Play and Win!
  1. Visit the Performance Bicycle Holiday Gift Guide.
  2. Choose a friend or family member with whom you wish was more active. Select a gift from Performance's Guide that's most likely to get your friend out on a ride with you.
  3. Post a little about your friend, list and link to your chosen gift, and explain why it's the perfect gift as a reply to this thread! Entries missing any of these criteria will be ineligible to win.
  4. Entries will be judged based on creativity, originality, persuasiveness, and whether you followed all posted rules. Please keep your response to under 150 words
  5. Your entry must be in original language conceived of and written by you in appropriate language for the Cycling Forums Community.

4 winners will receive a $100 gift card from Performance Bicycle!

Upon entering the contest it is understood that the participant has read and accepted all the rules detailed on the following link: See Official Rules And Regulations Here

#2 kickass

kickass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

My Fiance, Womans Fuji 1.0 

Without a bike how's she gonna ride. If she's not riding with me she'll bitch about me being gone. 

It's a "Win -Win" really. 

#3 saddledancer

saddledancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

My buddy Marty is a die hard cyclist, an excellent friend and a stand up guy.  I have known him for seven years and he is always putting a 110% into any ride and relationship.  He rides road, mountain and cross.  He also raced track in Australia.  He is the father of a young daughter and an excellent husband.   Many of his mountain and cross races are on single speeds and he even did the Crystal Mountain hillclimb a few years back on a single speed.

His riding has suffered some due to his family status but he does what he can to get the miles in.  Our joint rides have disappeared over the last year but I know he will be back.  It will take some "gentle persuasion" and warm gear such as the Sugoi Walloroo 290 Long Sleeve Jersey, item #10-8018, http://www.performan..._20000__1646013.

This would be the perfect gift as he has plenty of bikes but needs some cold weather clothing.  He always wants to look good and this jersey fits the bill!

#4 pharmbot

pharmbot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:42 PM

Mark needs this gift. http://www.performan...0_20000_1646013.  Too many bikes hidden away because of too little space.  Boston is a tough place to ride, someone needs to make his ride accessible... No More Excuses!  

#5 slowspoke

slowspoke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

I haven't been here in years.  I forgot there was even such a site as cycling forums.

#6 isny

isny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

My favorite training partner is my 9 year old daughter, Johanna.  Since her old bell broke, she would love something like the incredibell.  What better way to tell people to watch out and make way while heading to the local ice cream store or garage sale?

#7 Spindrift_ME

Spindrift_ME

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

My new cycling buddy is my 15-year-old daughter Georgi. You know how hard it is to get teenage girls into an exercise regimen these days? A slick new road bike seems to have done the trick and now she needs some cool kit to go with it . Scrolling through 'Gifts for Her', at first I thought a Polar sports bra would be a great gift but ... no ... why reward her for stealing my boobs?  I like the black and white Castelli gloves but would need to get two pairs because I'd definitely keep them for myself . Aah, the Cannondale Women's Morphis Shell jacket in white and black with blue trim - we've been having unseasonal rain here in Western Australia this week . Ooh ooh ooh wait! This is it: the 2010 Louis Garneau Exo-Nerv road helmet in white and blue, Item #40-4265, to protect her pretty little head.

http://www.performan...0_20000_1646014 - perfect

#8 Blumblebees

Blumblebees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:32 AM

Honestly the person in my family who needs to be biking the most is me. I'm over 300lbs and only 5'5" female. I am now getting back into cycling after a 10 year break. I'm starting to train right now for RAGBRAI. I would love for my 13 year old stepdaughter to join me on my journey and to experience the unique experience that is RAGBRAI (and the love of cycling in general). So for her I'd need to get a road bike such as the  2011 Fuji Finest 3.0 Women's Road Bike . I can't wait for her to join me on this amazing adventure of becoming healthy through cycling. I look forward to to no longer being winded when I walk up a flight of stairs! I also hope that I can help fight off the possibility of my stepdaughter becoming obese herself.

#9 MMMhills

MMMhills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

The person I would get a gift for would be for my wife.  She loves to cycle but there is one small problem... both her road and mountain bikes have this strange attraction to potholes and trees.  Because of this her wheels are always in need of truing.  We have many tools but do not have a truing stand.  I have tried to teach her how to true a wheel using the frame and taping cue tips to it but she uses the excuse that this is "too hard".  Performance Bicycle has the perfect gift for my wife, the Spin Doctor Truing Stand II.  With this stand, my wife will be able to true her own wheels, which will make her very very happy as I will be able to ride more and she will be able to spend more quality time with her bike. 

#10 Town Line

Town Line

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

I've ridden with Steve for many a year

On familiar roads we ride both far and near

His Performance is great

His attention span not clear

He could get lost just about anywhere

To solve this dilemma and start our rides quick

This Garmin Edge 500 GPS Red Bundle for Christmas might just do the trick.

http://www.performan...1646008_1646013

#11 davereo

davereo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

The person I would love to see get a gift of cycling is my grandson Dakota Steele. He is a 6 year old who loves to ride his bike and our trail-along bike with me. I would love to take him along on some trail rides and this bike is just what he needs http://www.performan..._20000__1646015

He has had a most difficult year adapting to going to school full time and his parents getting divorced. He is well behaved and brings laughter and joy into my life. If performance bike could deliver to him a new mountain bike you would be fulfilling his dream of Santa taking care of a good boy.

#12 shawea

shawea

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

Although I am ineligible to enter. I was looking at some of the cool stuff on here. And I would want to get my brother this Kinetic Fluid Trainer. He is wanting to get into racing, and this would be a great way for him to be able to practice at home. And since we are far away and cant ride together, at least he can tell me about his improvements.

#13 jumpin89

jumpin89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

so excited!!

Patrick Shankey

White Falls, MA

#14 missroadie

missroadie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:02 AM

Dear Santa,

I am sorry to write you this letter so close to Christmas I can only imagine how busy you must be.  I have been very good this year and hope you can find time to look at my list.  

For Christmas I only want one thing a NiteRider Pro 1500 Race LED Headlight.  Not only do I only want one gift but this gift is not even for me, It would be for my husband.  He loves to ride more than anything but with two small children and work he never has enough time.  If you were able to get this light he would be able to ride after the boys go to bed. 

If it is to late for the elves to make one you can pick one up here at Performance Bicycle. 

Thank you Santa.

Love

missroadie

#15 AlanG

AlanG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:10 PM

My girlfriend, Marcia, and I live near a nice wooded trail that is also popular with deer. Since it is rutting season, I figure that if she rides at night alone with this CygoLite Pace 200 USB LED Headlight  http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1112099_-1_1641008_20000_1646014 it might help her avoid any buck that is interested in forming a brief relationship with her.  She actually is very attractive and I don't know what is wrong with those bucks!  Either they can't tell a cute petite blonde on a bike from a doe or figure she might be an upgrade to their harem. They don't even offer her dinner and a movie.

In case you are wondering, I have no interest in the does despite the way they look at me longingly with those big dreamy eyes. So I plan to stick with Marcia and don't want to lose her as a riding companion due to her lacking a headlight.

#16 alfeng

alfeng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,238 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

My friend John's custom BOB JACKSON is barely unchanged from when he had it built several decades ago (e.g., SunTour bar end shifters & quill pedals with Christophe toe clips, etc.) ...

So, while the bike could certainly use a new Gruppo & pedals, I have enough extra wheels & components which I can fit on his bike until he decides which components suit his fancy ...

And, I have pedals & cleats which he can "borrow" BUT I don't have a pair of cycling shoes which will fit him ... 

So, cycling shoes he can walk in like the Sidi Dominator 5 MTB Shoes  would go a long way toward getting him back on the road. 

#17 hendricks97

hendricks97

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

My wife needs a bicycle that she would be able to ride without pain. She has a disease called Hashimotos Thyroidism where her immune system attacks her thyroid causing joint pain and stiffness, fatigue, and weakness. She also has Diabetes and her sugar cant be controlled by diet and insulin alone. She needs exercise. Both of our boys and I love to ride but she has trouble even getting on a normal bike, and she usually makes some excuse why she cant go with us when we want to ride. She needs something like the Transit Sycamore Trail Womens Comfort bike that she can step into and still have the gearing to make it up even the smaller hills so we can do this as a family and allow her to take control of her life again

http://www.performan...08_20000_400322

#18 Born2bWild

Born2bWild

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

These entries are great! Keep 'em coming!

Cyclingforums.com Marketing Director - To advertise let me know!!

-NO BAD DAYS-

#19 Trekher

Trekher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

I have a good friend (name withheld) who recently has become overweight and how can I say this delicately... he is a little bouncy on top. It is kind of embarrassing for a girl like me to bring this up with him, but I think if I give him a Polar Women's Cardio Sports Bra, http://www.performan...1643009_1646014 he'll get the hint that he needs to get out and ride more with me and lose some weight.

#20 makingadreamhom

makingadreamhom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:25 AM

My husband is Canadian and gets overheated easily in the humid weather here in the South. The Pearl Izumi Elite Pursuit Short Sleeve Jersey has cooling features that would encourage him to go out on ride with me more often. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users