Re: Cycling Etiquette

Call me Bob

Guest
On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:12:10 +0100, Scrumpy Joe
<[email protected]> wrote:

>As I turn off the road (I indicate properly so he is in no doubt about my
>intentions) and turn to check his position I give him a long hard stare
>because I have now twigged that the cheeky ******* is draughting me.

>What do the collective think, was it poor etiquette or not?

Next time, fart.

That'll learn 'em.

"Bob"

--

Email address is spam trapped.
To reply directly remove the beverage.

"Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:12:10 +0100, Scrumpy Joe
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>As I turn off the road (I indicate properly so he is in no doubt about my
>>intentions) and turn to check his position I give him a long hard stare
>>because I have now twigged that the cheeky ******* is draughting me.

>>What do the collective think, was it poor etiquette or not?

> Next time, fart.
>
> That'll learn 'em.

Or blowing of the nose without a handkerchief ;-)

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:

> "Call me Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:12:10 +0100, Scrumpy Joe
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> As I turn off the road (I indicate properly so he is in no doubt
>>> about my
>>> intentions) and turn to check his position I give him a long hard stare
>>> because I have now twigged that the cheeky ******* is draughting me.

>>> What do the collective think, was it poor etiquette or not?

Personally wouldn't bother me, I'm more concerned about what's going on
in front than what's behind.
He was obviously suffering, I don't know many roadies that would be seen
in the wind shadow of an MTB! Well done you!

That's only my opinion, I would think most would differ.

--
Mark

Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull before

"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<slipstreaming a stranger>

> Personally wouldn't bother me, I'm more concerned about what's going on in
> front than what's behind.

> That's only my opinion, I would think most would differ.

I wouldn't (differ, that is. Ie it wouldn't bother me either).

cheers,
clive

in message <[email protected]>, Call me Bob
('[email protected]') wrote:

> On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:12:10 +0100, Scrumpy Joe
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>As I turn off the road (I indicate properly so he is in no doubt about
>>my intentions) and turn to check his position I give him a long hard
>>stare because I have now twigged that the cheeky ******* is draughting
>>me.

>>What do the collective think, was it poor etiquette or not?

> Next time, fart.

Or clear your nose over your shoulder in approved cyclist fashion...

---===***<<< This space to let! >>>***===---
Yes! You, too, can SPAM in the Famous Brooke Rotating .sig!
---===***<<< Only $300 per line >>>***===---

wafflycat <waffles*AT*v21net*DOT*co*DOT*uk> wrote:

: Or blowing of the nose without a handkerchief ;-)

Sadly us roadies are very used to snot flying everywhere :(

Don't get me wrong, perl is an OK operating system, but it lacks a
lightweight scripting language -- Walter Dnes

Arthur Clune wrote:
> wafflycat <waffles*AT*v21net*DOT*co*DOT*uk> wrote:
>
>> Or blowing of the nose without a handkerchief ;-)

> Sadly us roadies are very used to snot flying everywhere :(

If I'm going to do a snot blast, I always try to make sure I'm as close to
the road as possible, and aiming directly downwards.

Simonb wrote:
> If I'm going to do a snot blast, I always try to make sure I'm as close to
> the road as possible, and aiming directly downwards.

I have this vision of you doing one of those horse/rider stunts where
the rider hangs off the saddle way to one side to scoop something off
the floor or using the horse as a shield.

I also have a memory of, as a child, doing exactly that. Probably after
watching a Western. I recall it being a painful learning experience. :)

R.

Simon Brooke wrote:

> Or clear your nose over your shoulder in approved cyclist fashion...

Nothing more beautiful than flying snot on an early morning, backlit by
the sun. :)