New Springs for Brooks Conquest

clumsymechanic

Guest
I'm working on breaking in brooks conquest.. time will tell if it was a
good move or a waste of time and money.

One thing I have noticed is that the springs do nothing for me. This
saddle was probably designed with a heavier rider in mind. I weigh
130lbs on a heavy day. Is there a source for softer springs? I've heard
about this being done.

Thanks,

Adam

clumsymechanic wrote:
> I'm working on breaking in brooks conquest.. time will tell if it was a
> good move or a waste of time and money.
>
> One thing I have noticed is that the springs do nothing for me. This
> saddle was probably designed with a heavier rider in mind. I weigh
> 130lbs on a heavy day. Is there a source for softer springs? I've heard
> about this being done.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam

I think there is only one type of replacement spring available for the
Conquest. It's possible that the B66/B67 springs are softer. You may
also be able to adapt the front spring from the B73 (there is no left
hand version though).

Springs are definitely not necessary for a 130 lb rider on a Brooks.
This is my weight as well and I am happy with the amount of shock
absorbtion provided by my Swift. The titanium framed versions
(Swift/Finesse, Swallow, B17 CS, and now Team Pro) have more flex than
the steel framed models. If you like the fit of the Conquest, you may
want to consider the Ti or steel Team Pro since it is essentially the
same shape but with no vent holes.