Do sunglasses distort your vision?

I bought a couple pair of sunglasses for an upcoming race but find the
glasses significantly alter my depth perception. Is this normal?

I've never noticed it, but I do find it annoying when sweat drips
onto the lenses.

Eric

[email protected] wrote:

> I bought a couple pair of sunglasses for an upcoming race but find the
> glasses significantly alter my depth perception. Is this normal?

Are they the right prescription?

The prescription on sunglasses should be the same as the
prescription on regular clear glasses.

[email protected] wrote:
> I bought a couple pair of sunglasses for an upcoming race but find the
> glasses significantly alter my depth perception. Is this normal?

First of all, I think you'll find that they are designed to be used one
at a time. So, if you're wearing both at once, take one of them off.

The serious answer is - did you buy them at a garage forecourt (AmE
"gas station")? If so, they're not likely to be very good - will
probably have sub-optimal UV protection, and the lenses may be ****.
On the other hand, if they're branded shades then they should NOT alter
your depth perception - they should be optically neutral. However, you
might find that wearing them in shady or murky light will change how
much you can actually see.

Edward

Sunglasses definitely distort vision.

When I wear them, joggers seem likeable.

bluezfolk wrote:

> I've never noticed it, but I do find it annoying when sweat drips
> onto the lenses.
>
> Eric

Because of that I tried contacts, but they didn't work for me.