annoying unicyclist

leo

Guest
YURI WUENSCH of the edmonton sun wrote:

> 'is it redundant to say he was annoying and riding a unicycle?'
> (http://tinyurl.com/kwhb3)

To: Yuri Wuensch,
Cc: Rec.Sport.Unicycling

I don't know for how long you are writing journalist, or for how long
you like to keep doing this.
But asking "is it redundant to say he was annoying and riding a
unicycle?", exposes maybe intelligence because it seem that at least
you're asking it...
On the other hand it may be false suggestive opionmaking based on no
arguments as long you formulate your own to be broadcasted opinion as
being a question.

Either way, do some research yourself; there is plenty of friendly
unicyclists out there who are not annoying, who'd don't even like to
talk or even meet any other person while riding their unicycles. And
who are more allergic to clown-alike unicyclists than you already seem
to be.

And outside your appearly little world I can confirm there are even
unicyclists on events who realize their job is entertaining guests in
stead of theirself, in case they want to make a living of it.

Hope you may meet some sportsmen unicyclists, and maybe get positive
inspired.

--
leo

Leo Vandewoestijne
1 866-UNI-CYCL
*'unicycle.net' (http://www.unicycle.net/) (renewed), 'unicycle.biz'
(http://www.unicycle.biz/) (new), 'unicyclist.org'
(http://www.unicyclist.org/) & 'uniconnews.com'
(http://www.uniconnews.com/).*
leo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/224

This always happens. You tell people you unicycle as a hobby and you get
that weird look that says 'clown?' followed by a polite 'oh, that's
interesting.' if they're nice.

There's always the assholes around who'd hum that idiot circus tune
when you cycle by even if you're tons better than most of the bmx-ers
around the place. Somehow people are blinded by your riding one wheel
around. They don't care about technic or skill or whatever it is you're
doing. Mentally, one wheel = clown and clown = irritatant. Something to
that effect.

--
fluxusmaximus
fluxusmaximus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12582

fluxusmaximus wrote:
> This always happens. You tell people you unicycle as a hobby and you get
> that weird look that says 'clown?' followed by a polite 'oh, that's
> interesting.' if they're nice.
>
> There's always the assholes around who'd hum that idiot circus tune
> when you cycle by even if you're tons better than most of the bmx-ers
> around the place. Somehow people are blinded by your riding one wheel
> around. They don't care about technic or skill or whatever it is you're
> doing. Mentally, one wheel = clown and clown = irritatant. Something to
> that effect.

Dude...guys...we ride around on ONE WHEEL! Get over youselves, we ARE
silly.

--
AscenXion

yoopers wrote:
> You've obviously shown your colors and proven that only a narrow band
> of people can exist in your world where you are an intolerant god,
> AscenXion.

AscenXion's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12303

The unicycling performer may have been annoying but it was lame of Mr.
Wuensch to label all unicyclists as such.

We may be a silly bunch but I have met very few unicyclists who are
annoying.

--
pedalone

Unitopia: A perfect place where every dismount is a planned and wanted
dismount.
pedalone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11867

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006, Yuri Wuensch wrote:

> Frankly, I think if you read the entire article in context, you can

clearly detect a running stream of sarcasm.

I (who's native language isn't English) only did read a straam of
negative remarks
(and so I wonder for how long you can stick by writing articles in such
style).

> If not and you still take umbrage to my denegrating unicyclists,

well, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone.

It takes some more to offend me.
Recently "I" appeared in a radio-commercial. The commercial-agency
never ever saw a performance of me,
but branded me to be an annoying entertainer (in that commercial, which
was for months on national radio).
I estimate that commercial might have damaged me for $50K of income.
So I do respond to media when media are lame.
So regardless wether that unicyclist was annoying, I hope you realize
your writing can harm.
But besides the people you write about it also can harm yourself.

> However, that you can't read between the lines and see funny for

funny's sake ...

Aha, so you tried to be funny, for a living, and annoyed other people.
I recognize a repetive patern. That's funny.

> I'm sure that unicyclist is a swell guy. ;)

It wasn't me.
But if you see an odd looking unicyclist, that has a coffee-can on his
helmet,
come over and say hello, and I'll for sure pour you in a cup of (hot)
coffee.

--

Sgaterboy wrote:
> dang.., thats some powerful media you have there... is that american
> dollars? :eek:

Yes, converted to USD. But it's hard to estimate. It was on nearly all
national radio stations for two months. Right after I did'nt get any
booking for 3, 4 months (the most important months) in The Netherlands,
but still some from other countries.

I still have the interview with the creators of that commercial, who
claimed to be the originators of both my coffee and my pizza act. It
becomes funny once I tell -during the interview- to him who I am.