Motels close to moab trails?

MuniAddict

Guest
I figure Moab is a fairly small town, but I'm just wondering, for those
that know the area, is 182 South Main Street (Ramada hotel) pretty
close to where we'll be riding?

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

All the Moab hotels are relatively the same distance from the riding.
Some are right in town, while others are north of town but aside from
one or two, they're all in Moab so no worries. The Ramada's web site
says it's in the heart of downtown Moab (not that Moab is big enough to
really have a downtown), so it sounds like a great choice for walking
to restaurants and hanging out after-hours.

http://www.ramadainnmoab.com/

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

I don't think it really matters, only a difference of like a mile or
two. Unless you want to ride to the trails from the hotel...

We're at the Holiday Inn, which is pretty much the farthest away from
the slickrock trail.

--
forrestunifreak

Sometimes the straightest path is through the mud.
'*My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
BANANA'S FOR JESUS!
You 'N I, See Why See El Ee?

johnfoss wrote:
> All the Moab hotels are relatively the same distance from the riding.
> Some are right in town, while others are north of town but aside from
> one or two, they're all in Moab so no worries. The Ramada's web site
> says it's in the heart of downtown Moab (not that Moab is big enough to
> really have a downtown), so it sounds like a great choice for walking
> to restaurants and hanging out after-hours.
>
> http://www.ramadainnmoab.com/

Thanks for that link! I had a different link to the same hotel, but I
used yours, made the call and BOOKED the room!!! YAY! See ya'll there!
(I'll be there Wed. late night, ready for some early riding on thursday
if anyone else will be there)

--
MuniAddict

"On Earth it would be...12 noon" (Twilight zone episode, "To serve
man.")

My Videos: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699

My favorite FG clip: http://tinyurl.com/28847b

You miss alot of action staying at the hotel Terry, half the riding and
fun takes place at the campground inbetween rides. The majority of the
riders are there makin all the off trail time, a time for group riding
in the campgrouds...Last year I braugh a grind rail and hurt myself on
a BC when my friend kinda forgot the gag he wanted me to do...punk lol.
Ah I wish I was at least able to wait til I got to moab to get
injured... :(

--
Unicaw89

CODY [/B]FREAKING WILLIAMS
'PAINFUL UNI VID!!! <-----its a vid, click it:rolleyes: '
(http://tinyurl.com/yundmf)
'RenegadeJuggling.com ' (renegadejuggling.com)'Koxx-one.com'
(koxx-one.com)

Spencer Hochberg wrote:
> If the sun came out at night id be nocturnal....

Unicaw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13531

For those that want to take in some scenery followed by "only" three
solid days of riding, I'm going to 'Canyonlands National Park'
(http://www.nps.gov/cany/) on Thursday when I arrive in the area, and
also 'Dead Horse Point State Park'
(http://www.stateparks.utah.gov/park/index.php?id=dhsp). If anyone
would like to join me please let me know in the next day or two, either
through an email or my cell: 916-267-8809. Maybe we can carpool, which
means I'd go into town instead of straight into the park...

Unicaw89 wrote:
> You miss alot of action staying at the hotel Terry, half the riding and
> fun takes place at the campground inbetween rides.

That's true, and I have consistently missed the camping community and
fun. But there's just something about a nice warm bed in a nice warm
room at the end of a hard day's riding... Sorry about the knee Cody,
hope it gets better real fast!

--

Unicaw89 wrote:
> You miss alot of action staying at the hotel Terry, half the riding and
> fun takes place at the campground inbetween rides. The majority of the
> riders are there makin all the off trail time, a time for group riding
> in the campgrouds...Last year I braugh a grind rail and hurt myself on
> a BC when my friend kinda forgot the gag he wanted me to do...punk lol.
> Ah I wish I was at least able to wait til I got to moab to get
> injured... :(

Hmm, well I guess there's no point in going then!;) Jk! I have a very
difficult time getting to sleep in general, and would never be able to
get a rested night's sleep in the campground. But that doesn't mean
that I can't hang out with you guys up to a certain point, then just go
to my hotel and hit the hay. It sounds like a total blast to "rough it"
and camp out, but it just wouldn't work for me, I'd be a total zombie
the next day!:eek:

--

Unicaw89 wrote:
> You miss alot of action staying at the hotel Terry, half the riding and
> fun takes place at the campground inbetween rides. The majority of the
> riders are there makin all the off trail time, a time for group riding
> in the campgrouds...Last year I braugh a grind rail and hurt myself on
> a BC when my friend kinda forgot the gag he wanted me to do...punk lol.
> Ah I wish I was at least able to wait til I got to moab to get
> injured... :(

I know, it would be way more fun staying with everybody. But, I can't
help it. Oh well.

--
forrestunifreak

Sometimes the straightest path is through the mud.
'*My Gallery*' (http://tinyurl.com/wcrsl)
BANANA'S FOR JESUS!
You 'N I, See Why See El Ee?

Just checked the weather outlook for this week in Moab, and rain is
expected tomorrow and saturday! Uh oh!:eek: (Weather provided by Yahoo
and weather channel, from official Moab site)

--

MuniAddict wrote:
> Just checked the weather outlook for this week in Moab, and rain is
> expected tomorrow and saturday! Uh oh!:eek: (Weather provided by Yahoo
> and weather channel, from official Moab site)

KABLAM!

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

mornish wrote:
> hey terry, that B n B is called sunflower hill.

Thanks Miles, too late everything's booked there. I already made
reservations at Ramada inn. Not as nice as sunflower hill but less
$$$.:)

--

ahollow wrote:
> I'm at the Rustic Inn Motel across the street.
> http://www.rusticinnmotel.com/
>
> Seems like a nice place, and only $65/night, including micro and
> fridge, and bagel breakfast.
>
> Arriving late Thursday; looking forward to meeting everyone this
> weekend!

That's a good rate! I may switch from ramada, which is about $30-40 more
per night. (but they do have wireless web!)

--

MuniAddict wrote:
> Hmm, well I guess there's no point in going then!;) Jk! I have a very
> difficult time getting to sleep in general, and would never be able to
> get a rested night's sleep in the campground. But that doesn't mean
> that I can't hang out with you guys up to a certain point, then just go
> to my hotel and hit the hay. It sounds like a total blast to "rough it"
> and camp out, but it just wouldn't work for me, I'd be a total zombie
> the next day!:eek:

Lol for some reason everytime I go to ride with people I get a very bad
night sleep the day before, CMW this year I slept 2 hours in a car the
night before hte 12mi ride. And when the Spain crew was doing the
filming I slept about 3 hours the first night. So I dont think it
really matters where I sleep I operate on minimul rest anyways :-D. Ohh
and thanks John im hoping it heals pretty fast as well, Il still be
going this year to help Spencers mom with some of hte driving out
there, and I might do a practice loop or something...pends on how well
I can walk...