It's official, I am a Lycra Lout.

Dirtylitterboxo

Guest
Oh boy, did I lose it big time this morning :-( But I do have a feeling of satisfaction for getting
it off my chest, so to speak.

To cut a long story short, I was cycling into Dereham when I was almost sideswiped by a doddering
old g*t whose eyesight is not what it should be. A nice taxi driver showed me a lot of courtesy by
stopping on the road in front - holding up traffic behind him and waved me on. Nice man. At the next
traffic light, which happened to be on red, doddering old g*t was stopped in his car so I pulled up
by said doddering old g*t's window and tapped on it. He looked up. I *politely* said that perhaps he
might care to read his Highway Code on when/when not to overtake and about how much room he should
give to cyclists, as it was clear he hadn't read it lately. Doddering old g*t looked at me down his
nose and answered, "Darling, I've been cycling since before you were born." At this point I lost it,
and pointed out to said doddering old g*t that " then you must have forgotten it all due to senility
setting in you f*ck**g ********." I became a Lycra lout, but it gave me a great feeling of
satisfaction, as the doddering old g*t had just tried to dismiss me as some irrelevancy on the
roads. He seemed to wake up slightly at the sight and sound of an irate, middle-aged, fat-bird on a
lit-up bike (three front lights, 2 back lights, multitudinous reflectives front, sides & rear) in
fluorescent yellow clothing and reflectives head to foot... I *know* I shouldn't have lost it, but
his look of utter contempt at me and his patronising comment just caused me to see red.

Just then the light turned green and he pulled away. I cycled off. Doddering old g*t then gave an
excellent demonstration of why euthanasia my be an option to consider for some, as he lurched and
almost stalled a couple of times and, tried to drive round a small section of roadworks straight
into the path of oncoming traffic...He was *really* bad at driving.

I got to my local supermarket where I spotted the nice taxi driver waiting to pick up a fare. So I
went over and thanked him for his courtesy. He said it was okay, as he was a cyclist himself and
knew about how some of the idiots on the road just don't see cyclists or know what they are doing.
He also noted that the driver of the car who nearly swiped me off my bike just didn't seem to know
what he was doing as he was all over the place.

So, I had a coffee to calm my nerves, got the shopping in and cycled home. I've located the firm the
taxi driver works for and a note of thanks is going in the post.

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

In news:[email protected], dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
<[email protected]> typed: <snip>
> So, I had a coffee to calm my nerves, got the shopping in and cycled home. I've located the firm
> the taxi driver works for and a note of thanks is going in the post.

How's that for loutish behaviour, eh?

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Oh boy, did I lose it big time this morning :-( But I do have a feeling of satisfaction for
> getting it off my chest, so to speak.

snip

Should have just slabbed him.

>I've located the firm the taxi driver works for and a note of thanks is going in the post.
>
> Cheers, helen s

Best bit of an excellent post.

pk

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

Thankfully old g*t didn't get you. I hope there was plenty of gesticulating too in case he was hard
of hearing too ! Especially for the f*ck**g ******** part

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:

> To cut a long story short, I was cycling into Dereham when I was almost sideswiped by a doddering
> old g*t whose eyesight is not what it should be.
<snip>
> Doddering old g*t looked at me down his nose and answered, "Darling, I've been cycling since
> before you were born."

Gah! And you let him live? :)

He deserves a slab just for the "Darling", IMO...

I'd say you were pretty restrained under the circumstances.

Glad you survived intact, anyway.

--
Carol Hague "I've given that viewpoint a lot of thought sir, and reached the following conclusion:
arseholes to the lot of 'em sir"

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
> In news:[email protected], dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
> <[email protected]> typed: <snip>
>> So, I had a coffee to calm my nerves, got the shopping in and cycled home. I've located the firm
>> the taxi driver works for and a note of thanks is going in the post.
>>
> How's that for loutish behaviour, eh?

He'll be laughed out of the Taxi-Drivers' Guild when that letter arrives. Just not the done
thing. ;-)

Tony

> He'll be laughed out of the Taxi-Drivers' Guild when that letter arrives. Just not the done
> thing. ;-)

I would have thought so until a couple of years ago cycling in london I decided the taxis were
pretty well driven on the whole.It was some white vans and normal cars that I learned to be scared
of.In Derbyshire there are various sorts of taxi driver, though. TerryJ

>How's that for loutish behaviour, eh?

I know, I know, I let the Lycra Lout image slip there ;-)

Seriously though, I really do believe that when another road user has been *particularly* courteous
to me, then if that road user was in "employee" mode at the time, if I can I pass it along to the
employer that his/her employee has done something that is appreciated. I will complain if I think
it's warranted, but, *only* complaining is not always constructive, so I try to balance it out
:)

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

>Gah! And you let him live? :)

Alas, under the present legal system it is socially acceptabel to kill & maim a cyclist when the
weapon of choice is a car, but I don't think the same tolerance goes the other way around ;-)

>He deserves a slab just for the "Darling", IMO...

That's what got me riled. If the guy had just said, "Sorry" I'd have accepted that in good grace and
even wished him well. But it was the contempt in which he held *me as a cyclist* and I am sure, from
his terms, as a woman.

>I'd say you were pretty restrained under the circumstances.

True, true, but you don't know what I'm doing that involves a wax effigy, cussing, a full moon and
dancing nekkid about the willow tree in the garden ;-)

>Glad you survived intact, anyway.

Thanks.

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

>Thankfully old g*t didn't get you.

I'm glad he didn't! :)

>I hope there was plenty of gesticulating too in case he was hard of hearing too !

My father was a regimental sergeant-major and my mother could shout above him. I think I received
the dominant shouting volume genes from both sides of the family ;-) He heard, as did possibly half
of Dereham...

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

On 05 Jan 2004 16:10:19 GMT, in
<[email protected]>, [email protected]
(dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

>cussing, a full moon and dancing nekkid about the willow tree in the garden ;-)

Remind me where you live again ...
--
Due to a typing error on the Children's Hospital menu Saturday evening now offers "Beef burger in a
bum". Email: Put only the word "richard" before the @ sign.

> Alas, under the present legal system it is socially acceptabel to kill & maim a cyclist when the
> weapon of choice is a car, but I don't think the same tolerance goes the other way around ;-)

Well beat the living whatevers out of him then drape him near your bike so he looks like he's just
fallen off, borrow his car and run over him. Should get you a "don't do that again .....please"
warning from the Police while satisfying your primal urge to see justice done.

Tony ;-^)

> dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
> >
> > Alas, under the present legal system it is socially acceptabel to kill & maim a cyclist when the
> > weapon of choice is a car, but I don't think the same tolerance goes the other way around ;-)
> >

> Well beat the living whatevers out of him then drape him near your bike so
he
> looks like he's just fallen off, borrow his car and run over him. Should
get
> you a "don't do that again .....please" warning from the Police while satisfying your primal urge
> to see justice done.
>
> Tony ;-^)

What a brilliant idea!! -I'm up for that with my very next idjit encounter......Glad you is
ok Helen!!

As an aside and totally OT, I was pulling off in my car <ahem!!> yesterday when I spotted a couple
of doddery old gits walking past the local cop shop eating bags of chips. They were just finishing
them and threw the waste paper over the low wall onto police station property. I wound my window
down as I was turning right in front of them (No other traffic / peds / cyclists / horseriders
about). As they looked up to cross the road I caught their eyes (yeeuk!) and yelled " If that had've
been kids doing that you'd have thrown a right wobbly!!" and pointed in the general direction of
said wall. One of them was totally oblivious to my existence (huge 4x4 sideways on!! Thank fcuk I
wasn't on a bike and he in a car!!), and the other looked a little shocked at being shouted at,
clocked what I was referring to, gave a mischievous giggle, acknowledged what I'd said and as I
drove off, turned to fill his mate in on what had just occurred. It really is a case of 'waiting for
God' for most of 'em and I'm quite looking forward to making full use of the opportunities when I
get there ;-) Dave.

On 05 Jan 2004 13:05:22 GMT, [email protected]
(dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

>Oh boy, did I lose it big time this morning :-( But I do have a feeling of satisfaction for getting
>it off my chest, so to speak.

<snip>

> I had a coffee to calm my nerves,...

Decaffeinated then?

--
MatSav

> True, true, but you don't know what I'm doing that involves a wax effigy, cussing, a full moon and
> dancing nekkid about the willow tree in the garden ;-)

That's an interesting image - voodoo blue tits ;-)

http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

On 05 Jan 2004 16:20:17 GMT someone who may be
[email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote
this:-

>>>cussing, a full moon and dancing nekkid about the willow tree in the garden
>>
>>Remind me where you live again ...
>
>LOL! No - you'd go blind and mad!

I'm sure it would be worth going blind and mad:)

<snip>
> My father was a regimental sergeant-major and my mother could shout above
him.
> I think I received the dominant shouting volume genes from both sides of
the
> family ;-) He heard, as did possibly half of Dereham...

*********** Dereham will be shocked. It must be one of the more racy things that has happened
there recently.

I am surprised you didn't make the EDP. :)

Well done anyway might make the old goat think next time. Pity you couldn't get a card from the taxi
driver, give it to the old duffer & suggest he keeps death off the road.

--
Andrew

"Look laddie, if you're in the penalty area and aren't quite sure what to do
with the ball, just stick it in the net and we'll discuss all your options
afterwards."