£400-£500 Hardtail

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jason Notley, Mar 27, 2003.

  1. Jason Notley

    Jason Notley Guest

    Has anyone got any recommendations for a hardtail around £400-£500 for general trail riding. I've
    been looking at an Orange Gringo, Giant Terrago and Dawes Watoga. Any experience shared of these
    would be appreciated. Has the Orange got a better frame than the others? Cheers

    Tags:

  2. "Jason Notley" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone got any recommendations for a hardtail around £400-£500 for general trail riding. I've
    > been looking at an Orange Gringo, Giant Terrago and Dawes Watoga. Any experience shared of these
    > would be appreciated. Has the Orange got a better frame than the others? Cheers

    Take a look at the builds offered by merlin cycles, they are excellent value for money. If I was
    buying something in your price range I would be probably be looking at the 853 steel rock lobster
    frames built up with Deore or better: <https://www.merlincycles.co.uk/index.asp>

    Steve E.