“Headbutt heard around the world” a victory for Bush propaganda

Wurm

Aug 6, 2004
By Larry Chin
Online Journal Associate Editor

Jul 12, 2006, 00:50

The 2006 World Cup soccer final was decided when France’s superstar, Zinedine Zidane, headbutted Italy’s Marco Materazzi in the chest in apparent response to a verbal insult, triggering a red flag, and the deciding penalty kick that gave the game, and the cup, to Italy.

The Paris-based anti-racism advocacy group SOS-Racism quotes “several well-informed sources” that Materazzi called Zidane “a dirty terrorist." While Materazzi has categorically denied the charge, expert lip readers confirm, based on studies of tapes of the incident, that Materazzi called Zidane the “son of a dirty terrorist *****."

The single most alarming aspect (of this otherwise silly sports moment) is socio-cultural: a single word, “terrorist," has been weaponized to such a degree, that it was enough to drive a man at the top of his sport to throw away his celebrity and a brilliant career, with the entire world watching. “Terrorist” has not only been turned into the ultimate epithet, and a trigger for violence and racism. (Materazzi falsely believed that Zidane is of Middle Eastern heritage, which Zidane clearly did not take well.)

For this, we must thank the George W. Bush-**** Cheney administration, and its disinformation agents around the world (particularly in Israel and other pockets of US-Bush gangsterism) for the manufacturing of 9/11 and the “war on terrorism” phantoms, their endless war, and the disinformation apparatus that continues to monger ignorant fear in every corner of the world, and deep in the brain synapses of every person on earth.

How much more devolution will be the direct result of the actions of the Bush administration?

Copyright © 1998-2006 Online Journal
If true, then I don't blame ZZ for crashing that punk. :mad:

Source

Wurm said:

Source
It's not true....zidanes nipple got tweaked that's what set him off...had nothing to do with cheney or bush...you know it, why post this insane garbage....

This is really stretching it....

Wurm said:
Do you have some way to refute what many people saw Materazzi say, other than your knee-jerk BushCo-supporting rants?

READ the link: http://www.antara.co.id/en/seenws/?id=16068
Sorry, I'm not going to be swayed by a bunch of "lip readers"...Now, if either of the individuals involved in this admit to it, or a credible witness HEARD the exchange then that's another matter...What you have here is a classic case of "seesay" Not very noteworthy...

Sure, well that's an easy way to get out of it. But since these guys are considered experts at what they do, and are apparently credible enough to make money doing it, I have to lend some creedence to what they said.

I'm sure you'd say it wasn't true if Zidane himself told us what Materazzi said to him. :rolleyes:

Zidane being the player he is (a superb player) would have been the target for all sorts of physical and verbal attacks throughout the past 10 years or so.

I've never seen him lose his temper - as he did in the Final - at any point during his career.

Something nasty was done or said to him by the Italian defender.

Remember Italian defenders are a tough bunch - they take no prisoners.
Something set Zidane off.

limerickman said:
I've never seen him lose his temper - as he did in the Final - at any point during his career.

Something nasty was done or said to him by the Italian defender.
Weeell exactly. I doubt ZZ would have reacted so strongly had his opponent simply said he was wearing funny boots.

timesonline.co.uk said:
After an exhaustive study of the match video, and with the help of an Italian translator, Rees claimed that Materazzi called Zidane “the son of a terrorist *****” before adding “so just f*** off” for good measure, supporting the natural assumption that the Frenchman must have been grievously insulted.
Although, the above isn't worth much since about five different UK news sources acquired their own lip-read translations which didn't match up.

This is an interesting bit from an article in the Guardian Unlimited:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,1182707,00.html
One of the theories about Zidane as a player is that he is driven by an inner rage. His football is elegant and masterful, charged with technique and vision. But he can still erupt into shocking violence that is as sudden as it is inexplicable. The most famous examples of this include head butting Jochen Kientz of Hamburg during a Champions League match, when he was at Juventus in 2000 (an action that cost him a five match suspension) and his stomping on the hapless Faoud Amin of Saudi Arabia during the 1998 World Cup finals (this latter action was, strangely enough, widely applauded in the Berber community as Zidane's revenge on hated Arab 'extremists').
Zidane head butt 'game': http://widelec.org/zidane.html

Zidane Says 'Harsh' Insults By Italian Led to Head Butt

By Molly Moore
Washington Post Foreign Service
Thursday, July 13, 2006; Page E01

PARIS, July 12 -- French soccer star Zinedine Zidane said Wednesday he rammed his head into the chest of an Italian player in the final minutes of the World Cup championship game because his opponent made "very harsh" insults to his mother and sister.

Continued here...

...what zizou did is inexcusable--it should be punished with the red. the aftermath (finger-wagging sports commentary which castigated zidane for reacting and the possible withdrawal of his mvp award) seems a bit overboard. personal interest is in how fifa metes out punishment. can they really host a world cup where the first round matches all had the same message in the various languages denouncing racist speech and gestures and then punish zidane more harshly than materazzi? looks like sepp may be stomping on more than one fire very shortly should operacion puerto begin implicating some footballers.

ummmm...aside from whether or not he called him that, the link to bush is laughable. it's bush's fault that calling someone a terrorist is bad? right....because before 9/11 it was not a bad moniker at all. :rolleyes:

cheapie said:
ummmm...aside from whether or not he called him that, the link to bush is laughable. it's bush's fault that calling someone a terrorist is bad? right....because before 9/11 it was not a bad moniker at all. :rolleyes:
Ummm...I guess you missed the point. Why am I not surprised?

Wurm said:
Ummm...I guess you missed the point. Why am I not surprised?
i could list many reasons you're not surprised, chief among is that you're so blinded by your hatred of bush that you think anyone that questions your logic is a bush supporter.

i am not a big fan of bush. but claiming the action was a "direct result" of the bush-cheney administration is ludicrous.

and the fact that you find fault with my query while accepting and posting the article without question is more evidence that you have lost all touch with reality.

Wurm said:

Source

Dear Larry Chin,

Please tear up your media card - you don't deserve it. People like you shouldn't be taught to type.

ps: It was probably the ***** part that precipitated the headbutt not the that dirty satan Bush inspired TERRORIST word.

Get a real job (and please get a doctor to remove all 10 fingers).

Your adoring fan,

Eldron.

ps: It's a red CARD not a red FLAG you igorant ****.

Wurm said:
Zidane Says 'Harsh' Insults By Italian Led to Head Butt

By Molly Moore
Washington Post Foreign Service
Thursday, July 13, 2006; Page E01

PARIS, July 12 -- French soccer star Zinedine Zidane said Wednesday he rammed his head into the chest of an Italian player in the final minutes of the World Cup championship game because his opponent made "very harsh" insults to his mother and sister.

Continued here...
ok and "very harsh" insults translated to English = Bush is an evil war monger and your sister and your mother are in cahoots with the republican party....ok...it's all clear now...

“Terrorist” has not only been turned into the ultimate epithet, and a trigger for violence and racism.

Okay, so because Bush and Cheney made the 'world' see that terrorists are bad, it's their fault? Okay sweet.

Oooooh okay, so the word "terrorist" should be mean peace and love. AWESOME!

This is the biggest stretch. It's sad actually that people believe this ****.

I also heard that Elvis is alive. VICTORY for Vegas-sightseerer propaganda.

cheapie said:
i could list many reasons you're not surprised, chief among is that you're so blinded by your hatred of bush that you think anyone that questions your logic is a bush supporter.

"Blinded"? Hardly, because if you remove your rose-colored glasses you might be able to see what 95% of the rest of the world's inhabitants have seen: Bu$hCo is the greatest danger to mankind since the advent of nuclear weapons, AND IF you had any integrity/patriotism/sense, you would be actively trying to bring them to justice.

Wurm said:
"Blinded"? Hardly, because if you remove your rose-colored glasses you might be able to see what 95% of the rest of the world's inhabitants have seen: Bu$hCo is the greatest danger to mankind since the advent of nuclear weapons.
earth to retard...I'M NOT DEBATING THE MERITS OF THE CURRENT PRESIDENT!!!!

i'm saying blaming bush for the headbutt is absolutely assinine!

mebbe you should look up the word "correlation" in the book of wurm and see if it really has merit in this case. if not, wipe the froth from your face and find something else to blame on him.

cheapie said:
earth to retard...I'M NOT DEBATING THE MERITS OF THE CURRENT PRESIDENT!!!!

i'm saying blaming bush for the headbutt is absolutely assinine!

mebbe you should look up the word "correlation" in the book of wurm and see if it really has merit in this case. if not, wipe the froth from your face and find something else to blame on him.
I'm not blaming Der Fuhrer Chimpy for the headbutt you ass, that was Zidane's doing obviously. So try to digest that, k?

Now, would you not agree that it might be possible that the terrorist remark was more prone to happen because of the Neo Con's constant drumbeat of the phony "War on Terra"? That's not an unreasonable assumption IMO.

I'll put it this way: prior to the 2000 BushCo coup de tat and subsequent invasion of Iraq, I don't recall any fights in sports breaking out or being in the news because of such a specific [alleged] insult.

Wurm said:
I'm not blaming Der Fuhrer Chimpy for the headbutt you ass
the article you posted said the following:
How much more devolution will be the direct result of the actions of the Bush administration?
you are either are posting and defending something you don't agree with or you agree with some absolutely absurd assertions. :confused: