0-100 in how much?

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by netscriber, Jan 6, 2006.

1. netscriber

netscriber New Member

No not speed. I am talking RPM. I have often met and heard people doing sprints on 53-14's 15's till they reach 100 RPM. Most of the time these people start at 15mph or faster. I am trying to gauge my power here, I think it takes me a while to get to 100 RPM :( , Im not the big burly type.

So give no wind and an almost horizontal road how long does it take you to get from 0-100 RPM on 53-14(in my case of a compact maybe 50-12)? I am trying this this weekend. :)
    It should be about 30mph on 700c wheels.

Tags:

2. wiredued

wiredued New Member

This might not answer the question but to measure power I climb a Mt auto road get my average speed and distance traveled. Get the elevations from google earth maps calculate the slope then enter all the other known information here. http://www.analyticcycling.com/ForcesPower_Page.html

3. baillirw

baillirw New Member

I don't think there is a cookie cutter answer for your question as everyone is different. If you're younger, your RPM's higher, power sprinter, RPM lower, that sort of thing. Personally, I don't really care about RPM in terms of a percise number.