0 to 60psi in 2 seconds / MBR magazine

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Albert Fish, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. Albert Fish

    Albert Fish Guest

    this day, I are mostly been receiving in the post:

    my subscription gifts from MBR (mountain bike rider) magazine

    Jetvalve MK II Gas Pump Deluxe Cytool Rivex rivet extractor

    claimed value of goods £20 subscription cost £17.33 / 6 months value rating high

    Cytool: average multi tool. heavy. adequate. Rivex: removes links, what's to know

    Jetvalve MK II : wow ! this one's much better than my last, it dumped 60 psi into a tube in seconds.
    if the noise of the gas going in hadn't startled me I would have burst the tube :)

    my old no name co2 pump was not nearly as good as the Jetvalve MKII and the lower centre of gravity
    (due to co2 in the tyres) gives my bike better handling characteristics.

    free stuff in the post and the sun is shining. perfect end to the week.

    Albert

    Tags:

  2. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:42:19 +0100, "albert fish" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >my old no name co2 pump was not nearly as good as the Jetvalve MKII and the lower centre of gravity
    >(due to co2 in the tyres) gives my bike better handling characteristics.

    For a few quid more, use C14 instead of poxy old C12 in the C02. That extra atomic weight really
    helps the the centre of gravity. And it's only mildly radioactive. Downside is it will decay
    after a while.

    >free stuff in the post and the sun is shining. perfect end to the week.

    Nevermind, it'll be pissing down by the weekend.

    Tim

  3. Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:42:19 +0100, "albert fish" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >my old no name co2 pump was not nearly as good as the Jetvalve MKII and the lower centre of
    > >gravity (due to co2 in the tyres) gives my bike better handling characteristics.
    > >
    > For a few quid more, use C14 instead of poxy old C12 in the C02. That extra atomic weight really
    > helps the the centre of gravity. And it's only mildly radioactive. Downside is it will decay after
    > a while.

    hey, I'm sold. and depending on your tyres you shouldn't really worry about radiation. Wouldn't the
    rubber in the tyres shield you from the beta particles?

    -Luigi reaching very far back to remember chemistry from school...

  4. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > For a few quid more, use C14 instead of poxy old C12 in the C02. That extra atomic weight really
    > helps the the centre of gravity. And it's only mildly radioactive. Downside is it will decay after
    > a while.

    CO2? Helium's the thing!

    --
    Dave...

  5. Thus spake [email protected] (Dave Kahn)

    > Tim Hall <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...

    > > For a few quid more, use C14 instead of poxy old C12 in the C02. That extra atomic weight really
    > > helps the the centre of gravity. And it's only mildly radioactive. Downside is it will decay
    > > after a while.

    > CO2? Helium's the thing!

    Except it will diffuse out of the tyre faster, so that it loses pressure.

    AIR is cheaper and won't diffuse out so fast. Apply using zéfal hp-x. Don't expect rapid
    inflation though...