03 Marzocchi Jr T - vs - Super T Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ender

I currently have a 03 Marzocchi Z1 FR standard hub and I'm looking to upgrade to a dual crown fork.
I'm looking into the 03 Jr T ($619) which uses the SSVF damping system and the Super T Pro ($899)
which uses the HSCV system. Aside from the damping systems what are the differences between the two
shocks besides the $300? What is the differences between these two damping systems as far as ride
and performance goes? I'm weighing more towards the Jr T because it comes in the standard hub and
I'm assuming any dual crown fork would be a worthy upgrade over the Z1 FR. At this point the Super T
Pro would really have to woo me because aside from the $899 price tag I would also have to get a
whole new wheel built (ugh...).

Thanks!

Frank

"The USA would be a lot better off if Bush got himself and mtb and went freeriding." -unknown

"ender" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I currently have a 03 Marzocchi Z1 FR standard hub and I'm looking to upgrade to a dual crown
> fork. I'm looking into the 03 Jr T ($619) which uses the SSVF damping system and the Super T Pro
> ($899) which uses the HSCV system. Aside from the damping systems what are the differences between
> the two shocks besides the $300? What is the differences between these two damping systems as far
> as ride and performance goes? I'm weighing more towards the Jr T because it comes in the standard
> hub and I'm assuming any dual crown fork would be a worthy upgrade over the Z1 FR. At this point
> the Super T Pro would really have to woo me because aside from the $899 price tag I would also
> have to get a whole new wheel built (ugh...).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Frank

I don't know enough about the different damping to comment. Otherwise, the main difference is that
the Super T has external rebound damping adjustments, while the Junior T has internal. As far as
dropouts, from what I've seen both come with QR20's.

--
Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.