03 Marzocchi Jr T - vs - Super T Pro

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Ender, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Ender

    Ender Guest

    I currently have a 03 Marzocchi Z1 FR standard hub and I'm looking to upgrade to a dual crown fork.
    I'm looking into the 03 Jr T ($619) which uses the SSVF damping system and the Super T Pro ($899)
    which uses the HSCV system. Aside from the damping systems what are the differences between the two
    shocks besides the $300? What is the differences between these two damping systems as far as ride
    and performance goes? I'm weighing more towards the Jr T because it comes in the standard hub and
    I'm assuming any dual crown fork would be a worthy upgrade over the Z1 FR. At this point the Super T
    Pro would really have to woo me because aside from the $899 price tag I would also have to get a
    whole new wheel built (ugh...).

    Thanks!

    Frank

    "The USA would be a lot better off if Bush got himself and mtb and went freeriding." -unknown

    Tags:

  2. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    "ender" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I currently have a 03 Marzocchi Z1 FR standard hub and I'm looking to upgrade to a dual crown
    > fork. I'm looking into the 03 Jr T ($619) which uses the SSVF damping system and the Super T Pro
    > ($899) which uses the HSCV system. Aside from the damping systems what are the differences between
    > the two shocks besides the $300? What is the differences between these two damping systems as far
    > as ride and performance goes? I'm weighing more towards the Jr T because it comes in the standard
    > hub and I'm assuming any dual crown fork would be a worthy upgrade over the Z1 FR. At this point
    > the Super T Pro would really have to woo me because aside from the $899 price tag I would also
    > have to get a whole new wheel built (ugh...).
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Frank

    I don't know enough about the different damping to comment. Otherwise, the main difference is that
    the Super T has external rebound damping adjustments, while the Junior T has internal. As far as
    dropouts, from what I've seen both come with QR20's.

    --
    Cameron