03 Specialized Enduro frame

Slack

Guest
Anyone know what the (approx) retail $ is on an Enduro frame only?
Doesn't necessarily have to be 03... I'm just looking at a used one.

[Does specy even sell xc frames alone?]
_____
Slack

Slack wrote:
> Anyone know what the (approx) retail $ is on an Enduro frame only?
> Doesn't necessarily have to be 03... I'm just looking at a used one.
>
> [Does specy even sell xc frames alone?]
> _____
> Slack

Is this the SX (Slalom) version? I sold my complete '02 for $950.
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:

> Slack wrote:
>
>> Anyone know what the (approx) retail $ is on an Enduro frame only?
>> Doesn't necessarily have to be 03... I'm just looking at a used one.
>>
>> [Does specy even sell xc frames alone?]
>> _____
>> Slack

> Is this the SX (Slalom) version? I sold my complete '02 for $950.

No, it's just the
<http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2003/bikes/sw_enduro_frame_l.jpg>
But in black.

Supposedly, in near pristine cond and with the BETD linkage and a Romic
for 6" of fun.

Slack wrote:
> Ride-A-Lot wrote:
>
>> Slack wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know what the (approx) retail $ is on an Enduro frame only?
>>> Doesn't necessarily have to be 03... I'm just looking at a used one.
>>>
>>> [Does specy even sell xc frames alone?]
>>> _____
>>> Slack

>> Is this the SX (Slalom) version? I sold my complete '02 for $950.

> No, it's just the
> <http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2003/bikes/sw_enduro_frame_l.jpg>
> But in black.
>
> Supposedly, in near pristine cond and with the BETD linkage and a
> Romic for 6" of fun.

$700 max. I'd go for it at 650 or below, esp w/the betd/romic.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
> Slack wrote:
>
>>Ride-A-Lot wrote:

>>>Is this the SX (Slalom) version? I sold my complete '02 for $950.

>>No, it's just the
>><http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2003/bikes/sw_enduro_frame_l.jpg>
>>But in black.
>>
>>Supposedly, in near pristine cond and with the BETD linkage and a
>>Romic for 6" of fun.

> $700 max. I'd go for it at 650 or below, esp w/the betd/romic.

Cool ... this one is $500 shipped

Looking closer at the frame though, it might be able to take a Fox RC,
just in case I have to replace the Romic..... hmmmmm ...
_____
Slack

Slack wrote:
> Phil, Squid-in-Training wrote:
>
>> Slack wrote:

>>> No, it's just the
>>> <http://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/2003/bikes/sw_enduro_frame_l.jpg>
>>> But in black.
>>>
>>> Supposedly, in near pristine cond and with the BETD linkage and a
>>> Romic for 6" of fun.

>> $700 max. I'd go for it at 650 or below, esp w/the betd/romic.
>>

> Cool ... this one is $500 shipped
>
> Looking closer at the frame though, it might be able to take a Fox RC,
> just in case I have to replace the Romic..... hmmmmm ...
> _____
> Slack

You will have to replace the Romic. Nothing but trouble. Nice frame.

"Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mtnbiker wrote:
> > Slack wrote:
> >
> >> Looking closer at the frame though, it might be able to take a Fox RC,
> >> just in case I have to replace the Romic..... hmmmmm ...
> >> _____
> >> Slack
> >>

> > You will have to replace the Romic. Nothing but trouble. Nice frame.

> You might be right. I think this dude bought his right around when
> Romic had that huge mfg problem... I blew up two myself, the 3rd
> warranty replacement I sold dirt cheap to someone as a spare, and I
> promptly got a Push(ed) Fox.

When did they stop having problems? I bought my Turner with a Romic in Feb
of
2004.

Greg

G.T. wrote:

> "Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Mtnbiker wrote:

>>>You will have to replace the Romic. Nothing but trouble. Nice frame.

>>You might be right. I think this dude bought his right around when
>>Romic had that huge mfg problem... I blew up two myself, the 3rd
>>warranty replacement I sold dirt cheap to someone as a spare, and I
>>promptly got a Push(ed) Fox.
>>

> When did they stop having problems? I bought my Turner with a Romic in Feb
> of
> 2004.
>
> Greg

Well, that's not an easy answer. They caught the problem fairly quick,
but approx 200 shocks already made it out the door, so this problem
could linger for many years. Don't worry about yours, if it didn't blow
on the first several miles, then you have a good one. I'm still running
one on my i-drive, it refuses to die.
____
Slack

Ah, I knew I kept the Press release:

# For Immediate Release - Aug. 29 '03

As many riders already know, we recently shipped approximately 200
shocks into the field with a defective Bottom Eyelet Assembly. The
problem affects the oil seals located on the compression adjuster
causing the shock to loose oil from this location. In this case, it was
a matter of a manufacturing error on our part that was not caught during
the production/assembly phase.

The initial diagnosis concluded that the Bottom Eyelet had been
manufactured incorrectly. Unfortunately, the problem was not limited to
the Bottom Eyelet, but included the compression adjuster as well.
Because of the new information and diagnoses, all return/warranty shocks
affected are now receiving replacement of the Entire Bottom Eyelet
Assembly to ensure proper function. Because the initial repair procedure
was to replace only the Bottom Eyelet itself, we know that some
consumers have received warranty/repair shocks from us that will still
continue to have a problem and will have to be returned again for
additional repair.

As you can imagine, apologies go out from the entire staff here at
Romic. If you feel that you have an affected shock please contact us @
(760) 244-4478 to speak with a technician regarding the steps necessary
to have the problem repaired. Again, we apologize for any
delays/downtime that you might have due to our error. We too, pride
ourselves on being riders and understand the frustration when something
like this occurs. Please note that we will do our best to resolve the
problem quickly.

Thank you,

The entire crew at Romic,

G.T. wrote:

> When did they stop having problems? I bought my Turner with a Romic in Feb
> of
> 2004.

If your Romic fails (none of mine ever did)
consider a DHX as a replacement. Big difference.