04' Carrera Vulcan

steve.moody

Jul 6, 2004
Hi,

I'm new to this fourm, this is my 1st post.

I'm looking @ getting a new hardtail and am looking to spend £250 -£279

I am quite interested in the 04' Carrera Vulcan, I think it has just come out and so can't find many reviews or much info on the net about it.

I was wondering what other peoples' experiences with Carrera bikes were like and if anyone knows anything about the Vulcan can you let me know.

Just wanting to know if there is anything to watch out for or any particular good points about this MTB.

Here is all the info which I have, do you think it is any good ?

04' Carrera Vulcan

(I am mostly doing 25mph - 35mph on tarmac and some occational light offroad)
:)

From what i saw of it it looks alright not had a good look at it in halfords.I really like the carrera fury but i think its a bit OTT for waht u want to do.

steve.moody said:
Hi,

I'm new to this fourm, this is my 1st post.

I'm looking @ getting a new hardtail and am looking to spend £250 -£279

I am quite interested in the 04' Carrera Vulcan, I think it has just come out and so can't find many reviews or much info on the net about it.

I was wondering what other peoples' experiences with Carrera bikes were like and if anyone knows anything about the Vulcan can you let me know.

Just wanting to know if there is anything to watch out for or any particular good points about this MTB.

Here is all the info which I have, do you think it is any good ?

04' Carrera Vulcan

(I am mostly doing 25mph - 35mph on tarmac and some occational light offroad)
:)
hi there just been to halfords and bought one for £249.99
looks awesome cant give any reviews on it just yet because i have to pick it up at 7:30pm (looks awesome for wheelys!)

oh and another thing its suprising light - my mum can pick it up with one hand and shes not the strongest of people lol

vulcan rider said:
hi there just been to halfords and bought one for £249.99
looks awesome cant give any reviews on it just yet because i have to pick it up at 7:30pm (looks awesome for wheelys!)

oh and another thing its suprising light - my mum can pick it up with one hand and shes not the strongest of people lol

Yeh ive been into halfords again and my mate is interested in buying it,what rear mech has it got again and how are t he forks working?

IKON said:
Yeh ive been into halfords again and my mate is interested in buying it,what rear mech has it got again and how are t he forks working?
forks are pretty good they squeek a little but im guesing its just where its new cant tell u wat the rear mech is because its all locked away in the garage - ill post here again tomorrow and let you know - not a bad bike - nothing bad to say of it

Well, I have now taken delivery of my Vulcan and I have to say it is very good.
As of yet I have not found any problems.

The only thing I had to sort out was the usual Halfords attempt at setting up the bike !

I needed to staighten out the front reflector adjust the gears quite a bit and generally check it over to make sure Halfords hadn't missed anything that needed tightening.

The bike seems very sturdy and well made the gears change nicely and I think it has been a good investment. :)

belive it or not the rims aint that strong - i know this is a good bike for sure and im pretty sure its not designed for wheelys but where ive been riding on one wheel pretty much all the time its starting to buckle a bit i think ill get halfords to sort it out for me coz i dont jump it at all since i last crashed (i did a jump on my bmx and caught my hand between the brake and the handlebars - the bike fliped over with my wrist still trapped and umm crunch basically that was about 4 years ago and it is hurting just to type but oh well i cannot let my wrist deprive me of my bike's - i got moto x too)

i've just got one, i've been riding it hard, the front rim already started to buckle. can anyone recommend some good replacement rims