'04 Master's, Jr's Natz to Park City

Fred Marx <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bob Schwartz wrote:

>> Raptor <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>I really enjoyed the 1988? nats here.
>>

>> I remember them because almost none of our state qualifiers went. Only guys who were on the
>> national team or had good team contracts went i.e. no one that had to pay their own way. When I
>> asked one of our qualifiers why he wasn't going he said "Why should I spend a lot to get my ass
>> kicked when I can go do XYZ crit instead and make some money?" So I too would expect attendance
>> to drop.

> Keep in mind that those were the two years that that Lance fella from Texas was here and so was
> Jonas Carney... those were very fast fields. Also the race locations were scatterd all over thre
> counties, so there was lot's of travel time involved. The Courthouse crit was the best though. I
> currently live on the Circuit course from one of those years. Hills.

Neither LANCE nor Jonas was there in 1989 since both were riding Juniors. I had forgotten that Park
City had gotten two years. But I'm 999.9% sure the issue with the guy I was talking to was expense
and altitude rather than strength of field.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]

Any word on the dates?

David

--------------

Bikerecker wrote:

> They were actually willing to pay for the Junior and Master's events. Good for them. Bad for us
> lowlanders. Greg

> [email protected] (Ken Hart) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > I was at a bike club meeting yesterday, when one of the Louisville riders showed up with a copy
> > of the "dear john" letter that Louisville got yesterday.
>
> It's here:
>
> http://www.truesport.com/Bike/2003/news/04nats.html
>
> JT

As much as I would like to see the Natz out west............USAC can't be trusted. What will they do
next?? As said before maybe a new Cycling Org. is need.

A disappointed cyclist and USCF member.
ps. goes along with what they did to independant coaches.

news:<[email protected]>...

> 2) which meant he was in Nowheresville, Kentucky for no good reason

Ever spent any time in Louisville, Henry? Parks designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, a major Michael
Graves building downtown, Tony Award winning theater, and best of all, it's not California.

**** Durbin Tallahassee

gregclimbs wrote:
> morning ray has been gone for some time now...

not gone just relocated accross the street Jason expects to reopen this fall.... Of course he's the
second owner....

oh ok, Downtown SLC on 3rd on 4th south round main, somewhere in Sandy, one at Kimball jnct Park
City, and the original next to the Dan's in Park City (like 3 doors east). It's not actually the
original, but it's run by the family that opened it 15 years ago.

"**** Durbin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:<[email protected]>...

> > 2) which meant he was in Nowheresville, Kentucky for no good reason
>
> Ever spent any time in Louisville, Henry? Parks designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, a major
> Michael Graves building downtown, Tony Award winning theater, and best of all, it's not
> California.

I'm repeating what my friend told me. He says that Kentucky sucks.

I don't know, never been there. However, I have a hard time imagining it being more interesting than
California. Your mileage may vary.

--------------ED33DC565C5879AA3E21306E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii;
x-mac-type="54455854"; x-mac-creator="4D4F5353" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

chris mayhew wrote:

> warren <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<260820030441057251%
> > BTW, I thought Kentucky was awarded the Masters Road events for back to back years?
> they thought that too: http://www.cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFApp=2&Message_ID=2879

It's worth a moment to page down and see Gerard Bisceglia's reply:

http://www.cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFID=914208&CFTOKEN=64421608&CFApp=2&Message_ID=2879#M-
essage3105

David

--------------ED33DC565C5879AA3E21306E Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> <br>chris mayhew wrote:
news:<260820030441057251% <br>> BTW, I thought Kentucky was awarded the Masters Road events for
s/Index.cfm?CFApp=2&Message_ID=2879">http://www.cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFApp=2&Messa-
ge_ID=2879</a></blockquote>

<q><A HREF="http://www.cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFID=914208&CFTOKEN=64421608&amp;CFApp-
=2&amp;Message_ID=2879#Message3105">http://www.cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFID=914208-
&CFTOKEN=64421608&amp;CFApp=2&amp;Message_ID=2879#Message3105</A>
<r>David</html>

--------------ED33DC565C5879AA3E21306E--

--------------D475A18D30EA4C004B57E6BB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii;

David LaPorte wrote:

> chris mayhew wrote:
>
>> warren <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<260820030441057251%
>> > BTW, I thought Kentucky was awarded the Masters Road events for
>> back to
>> > back years?
>> they thought that too: http://www.cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFApp=2&Message_ID=2879
>

> It's worth a moment to page down and see Gerard Bisceglia's reply:
>
> http://www.cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFID=914208&CFTOKEN=6
> 421608&CFApp=2&Message_ID=2879#Message3105
>
> David

Let's try that again:

http://tinyurl.com/lhr0

David

--------------D475A18D30EA4C004B57E6BB Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> <html> <br>David LaPorte
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:<260820030441057251% <br>> BTW, I thought
Kentucky was awarded the Masters Road events for back to <br>> back years? <br>they thought that
too: <br><a href="http://www.cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFApp=2&Message_ID=2879">http://www.-
cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFApp=2&Message_ID=2879</a></blockquote>

<q><a href="http://www.cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFID=914208&CFTOKEN=64421608&CFApp=2&a-
mp;Message_ID=2879#Message3105">http://www.cyclingforum.com/forums/Index.cfm?CFID=914208&CFT-
OKEN=64421608&amp;CFApp=2&amp;Message_ID=2879#Message3105</a>
<r>David</blockquote>

<s><br>Let's try that again:
<t><A HREF="http://tinyurl.com/lhr0">http://tinyurl.com/lhr0</A>

--------------D475A18D30EA4C004B57E6BB--