'05 Felt F55 Vs. F35

roadbiker1

Jan 29, 2006
I'm trying to decide between the two models. Both are on really good end-of-model-year sales. I can get a new F55 for $1350 or a F35 for $1599. Is it worth the extra money to buy the F35?

roadbiker1 said:
I'm trying to decide between the two models. Both are on really good end-of-model-year sales. I can get a new F55 for $1350 or a F35 for $1599. Is it worth the extra money to buy the F35?

Only you can answer that question. It depends on what you value in a bike. This is the quick answer. What I'll do now is check out both models to see the differences then let you know MY opinion.

Insight Driver said:
Only you can answer that question. It depends on what you value in a bike. This is the quick answer. What I'll do now is check out both models to see the differences then let you know MY opinion.
Thanks. Here are the biggest differences between the two models:

-Kinesium frame with carbon seat stays (F35) vs. 7005 with carbon seat stays (F55)
-Carbon/alloy handlebars (F35) vs. alloy handlebars (F55).
-Crankset is FSA SL-K MegaExo or Truvativ Rouleur (F35) vs. FSA SLK monocoque carbon crank w/compact drive (F55)
-BB set is FSA MegaExo (F35) vs. PowerPro sealed hallow CrMo ISIS (F55)
-Brakes are Dura-Ace (F35) vs. Tektro RX20G (F55)
-Rims are Velomax Circuit (F35) vs. Velomax Vista SL (F55)

I would say don't waste the extra $250 on the F35. one tenth of a pound difference and nothing much else different isn't worth the extra money. spend the difference on clothes, shoes, different components, or something for the g/f or wife for valentine's day.

someone listed component comparison difference between the two, but those are not hard and fast. Component composition varies with dealer. For example, my F55 came with full DA-20 drivetrain and DA brakes, SLK compact MegaExo, and american classic rims.

I was looking at Felts myself. Did they discontinue the f35 for '06? Also can anyone give me some feedback on how they like their Felt Road Bike. I have an entry level bike that I ride now and want to upgrade to something that has full Ultegra. The '06 f65 caught my eye. I don't mean to hijack the thread but since it's about Felts I thought why not jump in. Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

roadbiker1 said:
Which bike gives you the greatest rush when you look at it? When you figure that out you will have your answer. The part comparison says the extra money isn't a bad deal. You will have the bike for a long time...which one do you like the best?

I ride an '05 F55 I bought in July and was putting quite a few miles pre-Katrina. (but that's another story) When trying to make a purchase decision I was conflicted between the F65, F55 & Orbea Mitis. The F55 for me is a sweet ride. Although I am fairly new to cycling, I find it more than suits my needs and is a bike I can grow into(skill level that is not size). While looks are not supposed to be important, I can't see buying anything like a bike for a grand or two that does not tickle my fancy. That being said, the F55 is a sexy machine. The Orbea was a really nice piece of workmanship but the dealer would not cut any deals to get it in my affordable price-range. Laughingbilly is correct, the components on the do Felts vary from time to time & dealer to dealer.

Get on both of your choices and test ride them for a while. If the dealer has a problem with that spend your cash elsewhere. As for the frame size, you should be measured and fitted by a knowledgable dealer who wants to do more than move out last years merchandise. BTW, I paid $1700 for mine in July. I found it cheaper at a dealer close to my home but I really trusted the dealer I used and felt it was worth the 50 extra bucks and longer ride for the piece of mind and quality of service I got.

Good Luck,
-gawnfishin

cmoore992002 said:
I was looking at Felts myself. Did they discontinue the f35 for '06? Also can anyone give me some feedback on how they like their Felt Road Bike. I have an entry level bike that I ride now and want to upgrade to something that has full Ultegra. The '06 f65 caught my eye. I don't mean to hijack the thread but since it's about Felts I thought why not jump in. Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

gawnfishin, thanks for the reply. The F65 I have been looking at it is advertised with full Ultegra. I will verify that with the dealer before submitting my order. From what you described the Felt sounds like a bike I can ride and enjoy for many years to come. I am going to demand that it fit like a glove. I figure the more comfortable I am the farther I will ride. Right now I am putting about 5000 miles a year on my bike. I would like to ride even more if I can find the right bike and of course the time. Thanks for your input. I hope things are working out for you there in Louisiana. I know it is just a terrible mess. Good luck.

Charlie M.
Dallas, Tx