'05 Litespeed Ultimate frame problem

Andrepaul

Sep 15, 2004
I just finished building up a brand new 2005 Litespeed Ultimate frame and have now found that one of the bolts that join the carbon rear stay to the rest of the frame was poorly screwed in, therefore causing an ill fit between the two parts (looseness). My Litespeed dealer retapped the threads, applied red threadlock and retorqued the screw...problem didn't go away. Now the frame is being shipped back to Litespeed under warranty although I don't know what Litespeed can do for me since the threads can't be fixed. Although my frame had a manufacturing defect I was wondering if these frames tend to fail in the same area after much use? I'm wondering if I should build up another '05 Ultimate frame or should I wait to get the all Ti '06 frame? Any suggestions? Although I love the '05 I'd hate to have one fail at the same joint in a few years.

Andrepaul said:
I just finished building up a brand new 2005 Litespeed Ultimate frame and have now found that one of the bolts that join the carbon rear stay to the rest of the frame was poorly screwed in, therefore causing an ill fit between the two parts (looseness). My Litespeed dealer retapped the threads, applied red threadlock and retorqued the screw...problem didn't go away. Now the frame is being shipped back to Litespeed under warranty although I don't know what Litespeed can do for me since the threads can't be fixed. Although my frame had a manufacturing defect I was wondering if these frames tend to fail in the same area after much use? I'm wondering if I should build up another '05 Ultimate frame or should I wait to get the all Ti '06 frame? Any suggestions? Although I love the '05 I'd hate to have one fail at the same joint in a few years.
You answered your own question. Get the all Ti one. The CF is worthless as far as function goes and only carries bling and poseur' point value.

boudreaux said:
You answered your own question. Get the all Ti one. The CF is worthless as far as function goes and only carries bling and poseur' point value.

I agree. Or, you could save up some more money and get the Vortex :D

boudreaux said:

I agree. Or, you could save up some more money and get the Vortex :D