rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion

05 Tour De Poway... Anyone ???

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 1 post · 621 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides
Published
18 September 2005
Last activity
18 September 2005
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
621
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello all,

    I'm planning on doing the Tour de Poway this year. I just drove the
    course and of particular concern is the Highland Valley Road and Bandy
    Canyon Road. I used to drive Highland Vly alot on my souped up Miata
    and it was a lot of fun but it is a single lane road with no shoulder
    and contains a lot of blind turns for about 5 miles. I was wondering if
    anyone has done this century before and what was that portion of the
    ride like with all of the participants there ? Will this portion of the
    road be closed too like the Poway grade ? Also, I was wondering if
    anyone knows about an 8% grade along the coast in San Diego ? I kinda
    wanna duplicate the poway grade. Also, if anyone has entered and is
    looking for a partner, I'm decent on the flats and slight uphills, slow
    uphill and medium on decents - just do not like going downhill very
    fast on roads I do not know very well, unless it's a car.

    Thanks,

    Ian in SD

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.