07 chorus or 06 record?

prophet_ultra

Nov 13, 2006
I am riding SRAM Rival groupset combined with Shimano Ultegra cassette and FSA carbon pro crankset. I got a pair of Campagnolo Bora Ultra wheel from a friend, so I am thinking about changing the groupset. The questions are:

1, did I really UPGRADE my bike if I changed all of them to Campy Chorus?

2, if so, which one I should go for? Brand new 07 Chorus or second hand 06 Record (coverd more than 400 miles)?

thanks a lot!

1. I believe it is an upgrade of preference. If you don't like your setup now or think it will be better with Campy, go for it. Personally, I'd tell you to change especially if you got some sweet wheels. Another option is to change the cassette body or whatever you do to convert the wheels to Shimano/Sram. I'm not a wheel expert but I know my team has done that to some of our wheels (convert them).

2. First, is there a price difference in either one? If prices are the same, I'd go with the '07 Chorus. I've seen it this year and it looks really nice especially with the newly designed crank. The '06 Record is definitely nice but I like the new crank personally and that basically would sway me.

Hard to choose. I would probably go for the '07 Chorus for the crank and the skeleton brakes. I doubt you would really notice a performance difference between the two tho.

Please post some pics of the bike with your new Boras...