08/10/2012 ride and pics

Pat Stowe

Jan 3, 2012
Rode from my home in Spokane along Hangman Valley and a corner of the Palouse to the small town of Spangle and home via US 195 etc
For those of you whoe might want too follow the route via Google map I started very near the Junction of I-90 and US 195 riding south From Gov't Way and Sunset Blvd, E to Inland Empire Way wher rode S a mile or two to continue S on 195 about 4-7 miles and turned left/east on Hatch rd, then South on Hangman Valley Road, NE? on Baltmore Rd , SE on Palouse Hwy, S on Valley Chapel Rd that tthat veered SE, and out of the valley to the Mt. Hope Chapel and Cemetery where I turned S on Kentuck Trails Rd veering to the SW where I turned NW onto Spangle/Waverly Rd, near Liberty High School, near The Upper Columbia Acadamy I Turned N onto Old State Rte 195, and Rode home via 195

Total Mileage 55.7, riding time 04:30:40, 13.3 mph avg, nearly 4800 ft climbing

For those interesed in seeing some interesting geograpy/geology of the "Inland Northwest" - google: channeled scabland, Palouse, Eastern Washington, North Idaho

Hangman Valley and Hangman Creek From Hangman Road

More Hangman also known as Latah

Part of Baltimore Rd climb out of valley It hits 5-6% at the turn
from 4% back to 3% near top

Palouse Rd/Hwy with some Palouse Hills where a lot of wheat is grown and lentils etc.

To be continued in Reply

more pics

Hangman from Valley Chapel Rd

Looking Back on more Hangman

6% grade, part of 5 mile climb out of Hangman to Mt. Hope

Mt Hope Chapel at turn onto Kentuck Rd

Looking back on Nasty Climb out of more Latah Valley on
Kentuck the part you can't see in foreground was 11%