08 Specialized Tarmac Expert (Ultegra/DA)

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Mr Burns, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Mr Burns

Mr Burns New Member

I'm looking to sell a 2008 Specialized Tarmac Expert with a couple seasons of use. The components are all Ultegra with a Dura Ace rear der. It has a great blue metallic finish with white and red accents. The wheelset is the campagnolo made Fulcrum 5. The Ultegra is the 6700 SL. It's the ice grey finish, not the typical silver metal finish. It's also a few grams lighter than the typical Ultegra.

The size is a 52cm. I'm 5'9" and it fits great. It could go a bit taller and quite a bit shorter. The headtube has a number of spacers left for you to dial in your fit.

The bike hasn't been crashed, but has seen the pavement. We've all done it... laid the bike against the car, walked away and heard it hit the ground. Obviously only cosmetic.

The bike is not quite stock. It has a ritchey stem, selle italia gel flow saddle, michelin pro race 3 tires and tacx tao water bottle cages. The saddle was $150, and the cages were another $40. If you're checking out slowtwitch, clearly you know you'll want to put your own saddle on the bike. The gel flow works for me, but odds are not for you. It's worn regardless, as is the bar tape. Also, there are two paint chips on the seat stay above the rear der. I dropped an allen wrench on it while adjusting the seat on the first day I owned it.

I would prefer to meet a buyer in person, close to Milwaukee, WI. I may consider driving (just a bit) to help someone out. Shipping will add another $100 to the cost unfortunately because it's considered an extra large parcel. Please feel free to call with questions. My work number is 414.347.2779.

Keep in mind this bike retailed for $3300, and this year goes for $3900. I saw on ebay a 2006 going for $1400. I'm only asking $1700.

Tags: