$1,000 sundae

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Scott, Feb 14, 2006.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    The best or not, this is insane.

    <http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html>

    --
    to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

    <http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

    Tags:

  2. Scott <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    news:[email protected]:

    > The best or not, this is insane.
    >
    > <http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html>

    Anyone eating that has more cash than common sense.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Scott <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > The best or not, this is insane.
    > >
    > > <http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html>
    > >

    > Anyone eating that has more cash than common sense.
    >
    > Michael

    Common sense is an oxymoron dear. :)
    --
    Peace, Om.

  4. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > "Michael \"Dog3\" wrote:
    > > Scott sez:
    > >
    > > > The best or not, this is insane.
    > > >
    > > > <http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html>

    > > Anyone eating that has more cash than common sense.

    > Common sense is an oxymoron dear. :)

    More dollars than brain cells.

  5. jay

    jay Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:19:14 -0500, Scott wrote:

    > The best or not, this is insane.
    >
    > <http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html>

    That is chump bait.. I bet they *L0L* ..when they real one in for that!

  6. jay

    jay Guest

    On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:59:49 +0000, jay wrote:

    > On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 00:19:14 -0500, Scott wrote:
    >
    >> The best or not, this is insane.
    >>
    >> <http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html>

    > That is chump bait.. I bet they *L0L* ..when they real one in for that!

    reeeeeeel that is..

  7. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > > "Michael \"Dog3\" wrote:
    > > > Scott sez:

    > > > Anyone eating that has more cash than common sense.

    > > Common sense is an oxymoron dear. :)

    > More dollars than brain cells.

    Indeed... :)
    --
    Peace, Om.

  8. Jude

    Jude Guest

    OK, time to resume that thread about guests ordering the most expensive
    item on the menu....who's buying this time? I know what i'm having for
    dessert!

  9. MG

    MG Guest

    "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The best or not, this is insane.
    >
    > <http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html>
    >
    > --
    > to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"
    >
    > <http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

    do you get to keep the glass and spoon? lol

  10. OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Scott <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> > The best or not, this is insane.
    >> >
    >> > <http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html>
    >> >

    >> Anyone eating that has more cash than common sense.
    >>
    >> Michael

    > Common sense is an oxymoron dear. :)

    You trying to tell me something I don't already know ;)

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  11. "Jude" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    news:[email protected]:

    > OK, time to resume that thread about guests ordering the most expensive
    > item on the menu....who's buying this time? I know what i'm having for
    > dessert!

    ROFL... What a hoot! I can see it now. A group of 5 having dinner and
    splitting the check 5 ways. One of them orders this sundae.

    Michael
    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  12. In article <fbOIf.8916$y[email protected]>,
    "MG" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > The best or not, this is insane.
    > >
    > > <http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html>
    > >
    > > --
    > > to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"
    > >
    > > <http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>

    > do you get to keep the glass and spoon? lol

    I'd demand it. ;-)
    That brand of crystal is not exactly cheap......

    and it's beautiful!

    Om -> loves leaded crystal!
    --
    Peace, Om.

  13. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and
    > posted news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Scott <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    > >> news:[email protected]:

    > >> Anyone eating that has more cash than common sense.
    > >>
    > >> Michael

    > > Common sense is an oxymoron dear. :)

    > You trying to tell me something I don't already know ;)
    >
    > Michael

    <lol>!
    --
    Peace, Om.

  14. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Jude" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > OK, time to resume that thread about guests ordering the most expensive
    > > item on the menu....who's buying this time? I know what i'm having for
    > > dessert!
    > >

    > ROFL... What a hoot! I can see it now. A group of 5 having dinner and
    > splitting the check 5 ways. One of them orders this sundae.
    >
    > Michael

    I'd look at the other diners and say "Get a rope".

    ;-)
    --
    Peace, Om.

  15. On Wed 15 Feb 2006 07:18:12p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
    "Dog3" Lonergan?

    > "Jude" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> OK, time to resume that thread about guests ordering the most expensive
    >> item on the menu....who's buying this time? I know what i'm having for
    >> dessert!
    >>

    > ROFL... What a hoot! I can see it now. A group of 5 having dinner and
    > splitting the check 5 ways. One of them orders this sundae.

    The saudaes are so big at Serendipity3 that you could probably split one of
    them three ways. <g>

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  16. Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> hitched up their panties
    and posted news:[email protected]:

    > On Wed 15 Feb 2006 07:18:12p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan?
    >
    >> "Jude" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >>> OK, time to resume that thread about guests ordering the most
    >>> expensive item on the menu....who's buying this time? I know what
    >>> i'm having for dessert!
    >>>

    >> ROFL... What a hoot! I can see it now. A group of 5 having dinner
    >> and splitting the check 5 ways. One of them orders this sundae.

    > The saudaes are so big at Serendipity3 that you could probably split
    > one of them three ways. <g>

    LOL... Well I meant the rest of the party would have a normal dinner and at
    least one of them would order the sundae expecting the check to be split
    equally. I've been to dinners like that. There is always one person that
    pulls something like that. It seems he/she will start ordering bottles of
    wine and of course the most expensive entree expecting the check to be
    split equally. I have finally stopped dining out with friends like that.
    Usually their dinner parties suck too.

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  17. OmManiPadmeOmelet <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and
    posted news:[email protected]:

    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "Jude" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    >> news:[email protected]:
    >>
    >> > OK, time to resume that thread about guests ordering the most
    >> > expensive item on the menu....who's buying this time? I know what
    >> > i'm having for dessert!
    >> >

    >> ROFL... What a hoot! I can see it now. A group of 5 having dinner
    >> and splitting the check 5 ways. One of them orders this sundae.
    >>
    >> Michael

    > I'd look at the other diners and say "Get a rope".
    >
    > ;-)

    I like your thinking ;)

    Michael

    --
    “It requires a certain kind of mind to see beauty in a hamburger bun.”
    _Ray Kroc, creator of the McDonald's franchise

  18. On Wed 15 Feb 2006 08:05:59p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Michael
    "Dog3" Lonergan?

    > Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> hitched up their panties
    > and posted news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> On Wed 15 Feb 2006 07:18:12p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    >> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan?
    >>
    >>> "Jude" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    >>> news:[email protected]:

    >>> ROFL... What a hoot! I can see it now. A group of 5 having dinner
    >>> and splitting the check 5 ways. One of them orders this sundae.

    >> The saudaes are so big at Serendipity3 that you could probably split
    >> one of them three ways. <g>
    >>

    > LOL... Well I meant the rest of the party would have a normal dinner and
    > at least one of them would order the sundae expecting the check to be
    > split equally. I've been to dinners like that. There is always one
    > person that pulls something like that. It seems he/she will start
    > ordering bottles of wine and of course the most expensive entree
    > expecting the check to be split equally. I have finally stopped dining
    > out with friends like that. Usually their dinner parties suck too.

    There was a group we dined regularly with when we live in NE OH and, of
    course, there was one couple who usually tried to pull this kind of thing.
    After several years of this, it was discussed privately with others in the
    group. At one night's dinner, we previously spoke to the management and
    requested separate checks to be given without remark at the end of the
    meal. This was the last time they pulled this, and eventually they no
    longer dined with the group.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o
    ____________________

    BIOYA

  19. Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:

    >Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> hitched up their panties
    >and posted news:[email protected]:
    >

    >>On Wed 15 Feb 2006 07:18:12p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it
    >>Michael "Dog3" Lonergan?
    >>

    >>>"Jude" <[email protected]> hitched up their panties and posted
    >>>news:[email protected]:

    >>>ROFL... What a hoot! I can see it now. A group of 5 having dinner
    >>>and splitting the check 5 ways. One of them orders this sundae.
    >>>

    >>The saudaes are so big at Serendipity3 that you could probably split
    >>one of them three ways. <g>
    >>

    >LOL... Well I meant the rest of the party would have a normal dinner and at
    >least one of them would order the sundae expecting the check to be split
    >equally. I've been to dinners like that. There is always one person that
    >pulls something like that. It seems he/she will start ordering bottles of
    >wine and of course the most expensive entree expecting the check to be
    >split equally. I have finally stopped dining out with friends like that.
    >Usually their dinner parties suck too.
    >
    >Michael

    They're the ones who, when you bring a really good bottle of wine to
    their dinner party, take it away never to be seen again. In the meantime
    they serve, if you're lucky, very undistinguished plonk, or chateau
    cardboard if they have no shame at all!

    Christine
    Who crossed most of the offenders off her list years ago

  20. Lisa Ann

    Lisa Ann Guest

    "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The best or not, this is insane.
    >
    > <http://www.dailyolive.com/got_1000_why_no.html>

    I better be able to keep the goblet and the two spoons!

    Lisa Ann