1 1/8 adapter on 1 inch steerer?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Mar 8, 2003.

  1. Pardon my ignorance but is it possible to chuck a fork with a 1 inch steerer on a 1 1/8 headset
    without major surgery? LBS has fairly cheap carbonforks.

    Regards Mikael

    Tags:

  2. Thats pretty easy to do, Mikael, you just need to machine an adapter bushing that will hold your 1"
    headset in your 1 1/8" head tube.

    Lewis.

    http://home.earthlink.net/~limeylew/index.html

    news:<b4dc0l$1v[email protected]>...
    > Pardon my ignorance but is it possible to chuck a fork with a 1 inch steerer on a 1 1/8 headset
    > without major surgery? LBS has fairly cheap carbonforks.
    >
    > Regards Mikael

  3. Mikael: buy yourself some 1 1/8 inch headset adapter cups. Thank you Earl GRR,RANS V2 Ti
    Rush,Ti Pursuit

  4. Mark Stonich

    Mark Stonich Guest

    > Pardon my ignorance but is it possible to chuck a fork with a 1 inch steerer on a 1 1/8 headset
    > without major surgery? LBS has fairly cheap carbonforks.
    >
    > Regards Mikael

    You have two options. The Chris King "Devolution" headset, or Problem Solvers headtube reducers (Ask
    your LBS to order QBP part # HD9901) The Devolution is about 4.5 times as expensive as the spacers,
    but it's a REALLY nice headset.

    One problem may be that very few recumbents have head angles which are compatable with the small
    amount of rake on most Carbonforks.

  5. "Mark Stonich" skrev
    > You have two options. The Chris King "Devolution" headset, or Problem Solvers headtube reducers
    > (Ask your LBS to order QBP part # HD9901) The Devolution is about 4.5 times as expensive as the
    > spacers, but it's a REALLY nice headset.
    >
    > One problem may be that very few recumbents have head angles which are compatable with the small
    > amount of rake on most Carbonforks.

    It's for my TE-clone. Will bring it to LBS and ask/measure. Shouldn't be too much trouble with rake
    but I wonder if the existing fork on the bike is longer.

    http://photos.yahoo.com/briangoebbels (recumbents folder... last 2 pics)

    Mikael

  6. Damn he just sold it before I got there today.

    No carbon fork for me this time.