1 1/8 adapter on 1 inch steerer?

Mikael Seierup

Guest
Pardon my ignorance but is it possible to chuck a fork with a 1 inch steerer on a 1 1/8 headset
without major surgery? LBS has fairly cheap carbonforks.

Regards Mikael

Thats pretty easy to do, Mikael, you just need to machine an adapter bushing that will hold your 1"
headset in your 1 1/8" head tube.

Lewis.

http://home.earthlink.net/~limeylew/index.html

news:<[email protected]>...
> Pardon my ignorance but is it possible to chuck a fork with a 1 inch steerer on a 1 1/8 headset
> without major surgery? LBS has fairly cheap carbonforks.
>
> Regards Mikael

Mikael: buy yourself some 1 1/8 inch headset adapter cups. Thank you Earl GRR,RANS V2 Ti
Rush,Ti Pursuit

news:<[email protected]>...
> Pardon my ignorance but is it possible to chuck a fork with a 1 inch steerer on a 1 1/8 headset
> without major surgery? LBS has fairly cheap carbonforks.
>
> Regards Mikael

You have two options. The Chris King "Devolution" headset, or Problem Solvers headtube reducers (Ask
your LBS to order QBP part # HD9901) The Devolution is about 4.5 times as expensive as the spacers,
but it's a REALLY nice headset.

One problem may be that very few recumbents have head angles which are compatable with the small
amount of rake on most Carbonforks.

"Mark Stonich" skrev
> You have two options. The Chris King "Devolution" headset, or Problem Solvers headtube reducers
> (Ask your LBS to order QBP part # HD9901) The Devolution is about 4.5 times as expensive as the
> spacers, but it's a REALLY nice headset.
>
> One problem may be that very few recumbents have head angles which are compatable with the small
> amount of rake on most Carbonforks.

It's for my TE-clone. Will bring it to LBS and ask/measure. Shouldn't be too much trouble with rake
but I wonder if the existing fork on the bike is longer.

http://photos.yahoo.com/briangoebbels (recumbents folder... last 2 pics)

Mikael

Damn he just sold it before I got there today.

No carbon fork for me this time.