1/2 Ironman Tattoo

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Jef, May 18, 2003.

1. Jef

Jef Guest

I was thinking of getting a small "M Dot" tattoo on my ankle. I would have only half of it filled-in
    with red ink. This would symbolize the 1/2 Ironman that I've completed and the other 1/2 (for a full
    Ironman) that remains. Upon completion of the full Ironman (2005?) I will have the rest filled-in
    with red ink.

Thoughts?

Tags:

2. Ron

Ron Guest

Hey let me give you a little advice. I asked about a tatoo opinions a while back and got flamed. Be
    carefull what you wish for.

Congrates on the 1/2 ironman!

Ron

"jef" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I was thinking of getting a small "M Dot" tattoo on my ankle. I would
    have
    > only half of it filled-in with red ink. This would symbolize the 1/2 Ironman that I've completed
    > and the other 1/2 (for a full Ironman) that remains. Upon completion of the full Ironman (2005?) I
    > will have the rest filled-in with red ink.
    >
    > Thoughts?

3. Old Timer

Old Timer Guest

"jef" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I was thinking of getting a small "M Dot" tattoo on my ankle. I would have only half of it
    > filled-in with red ink. This would symbolize the 1/2 Ironman that I've completed and the other 1/2
    > (for a full Ironman) that remains. Upon completion of the full Ironman (2005?) I will have the
    > rest filled-in with red ink.
    >
    > Thoughts?

I think its kind of neat, but I'd wait till you do the whole thing. While 1/2 are big
    accomplishments, IMO, they're not ink worthy, and NO one will have a clue what the heck it is. I had
    an M-dot put on the back of my right calf and have only regretted that it wasn't slightly larger,
    but never have I regretted putting it there.

Get off your butt and go the distance this year.