1/4 mile up hill sprint report

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Roger 2k, Jul 25, 2004.

  1. Roger 2k

    Roger 2k Guest

    The competition just keeps getting tougher and tougher.

    Of the nine people that qualified for the race only 5 showed up for the
    final. I think it might have had something to do with them seeing how fast
    some of the other qualifiers were. I could not make it into town, for the
    two other qualifying runs, to see how fast 6 of the other qualifiers were,
    or I might have dropped out myself. ;-)

    I ended up with a real neat tee-shirt for finishing the sprint, it was a lot
    of fun being able to congratulate the winners and then watch the other
    sprinters from the finish line. I was very happy I ran the final and hope I
    can do it again next year.

    BTW they claimed I ran it in 1:18 which is 7 seconds faster than my fastest,
    but they also say the need a better way to start the clock.

    Roger

    Tags:

  2. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Roger 2k wrote in message ...
    >The competition just keeps getting tougher and tougher.
    >
    >Of the nine people that qualified for the race only 5 showed up for the
    >final. I think it might have had something to do with them seeing how fast
    >some of the other qualifiers were. I could not make it into town, for the
    >two other qualifying runs, to see how fast 6 of the other qualifiers were,
    >or I might have dropped out myself. ;-)
    >
    >I ended up with a real neat tee-shirt for finishing the sprint, it was a

    lot
    >of fun being able to congratulate the winners and then watch the other
    >sprinters from the finish line. I was very happy I ran the final and hope

    >can do it again next year.
    >
    >BTW they claimed I ran it in 1:18 which is 7 seconds faster than my

    fastest,
    >but they also say the need a better way to start the clock.
    >
    >Roger

    I've never heard of this kind of race, where is it, and how steep is the
    hill?

    - Tony

  3. Virginiaz

    Virginiaz Guest

    << I've never heard of this kind of race, where is it, and how steep is the
    hill?

    - Tony >>

    it's a race, happening all around you, to lead the star-studded team threading
    the Golden String to Heaven -- and the hill is only as steep as the price of a
    Dunkin Donuts cup of coffee and a Boston Creme, to keep your battery charged.

    so let the leader of the pack, winner of the race, Lance through infinite space
    toward the Stars, arriving ever forward to the heart's enchanted answer.

    _______

    http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo

    \\ - - //
    ( @ @ )
    +--------oOOo-(_)--oOOo----+
    +------------------------Oooo----+

  4. Phil M.

    Phil M. Guest

    One dark day on Usenet, [email protected]entary (Virginiaz) said
    news:[email protected]:

    > << I've never heard of this kind of race, where is it, and how steep
    > is the hill?
    >
    > - Tony >>
    >
    > it's a race, happening all around you, to lead the star-studded team
    > threading the Golden String to Heaven -- and the hill is only as steep
    > as the price of a Dunkin Donuts cup of coffee and a Boston Creme, to
    > keep your battery charged.
    >
    > so let the leader of the pack, winner of the race, Lance through
    > infinite space toward the Stars, arriving ever forward to the heart's
    > enchanted answer.

    That reminds me. Did you ever resolve your hyperextension problem?

    Phil M.

    --
    If you can empty your own boat
    Crossing the river of the world,

  5. Virginiaz

    Virginiaz Guest

    << That reminds me. Did you ever resolve your hyperextension problem?

    Phil M. >>

    i think so. thank you for asking. how are you?

    _______

    http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo

    \\ - - //
    ( @ @ )
    +--------oOOo-(_)--oOOo----+
    +------------------------Oooo----+

  6. Roger 2k

    Roger 2k Guest

    "Tony" <[email protected](remove)hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Roger 2k wrote in message ...
    > >The competition just keeps getting tougher and tougher.
    > >
    > >Of the nine people that qualified for the race only 5 showed up for the
    > >final. I think it might have had something to do with them seeing how

    fast
    > >some of the other qualifiers were. I could not make it into town, for

    the
    > >two other qualifying runs, to see how fast 6 of the other qualifiers

    were,
    > >or I might have dropped out myself. ;-)
    > >
    > >I ended up with a real neat tee-shirt for finishing the sprint, it was a

    > lot
    > >of fun being able to congratulate the winners and then watch the other
    > >sprinters from the finish line. I was very happy I ran the final and

    hope
    > >can do it again next year.
    > >
    > >BTW they claimed I ran it in 1:18 which is 7 seconds faster than my

    > fastest,
    > >but they also say the need a better way to start the clock.
    > >
    > >Roger
    > >

    > I've never heard of this kind of race, where is it, and how steep is the
    > hill?
    >
    > - Tony

    See: http://bix7.com/sprint.html
    then go down to where it says "Brady Street Sprint"

    The hill is a 6 degree incline, but near the top it changes to 8.

    My tee-shirt says "Who's the fastest in the Quad-Cities." Well I know who
    the fastest is and I know who the slowest of the fastest is. ;-)