1.5" Slicks on 1.95/2.125" Tube.????????????????????

will the tires properly fit your RIM is far more of a concern than the tube fitting the tire normally you would go with a tube that is sized a little bit smaller than the tire size you are planning to run, not larger. for example, I use 700x19-23 tubes in tires up to 28 or 32c.

Regarding the other issue, if you run a tire that is too big for the width of your rim, you risk sidewalldamage. if you run a tire that is too narrow for the width of your rim, i believe you risk having it roll off the rim in cornering situations. a lot of mtb have gone to narrower rims over the years so you may be fine. Do you know what kind of rims you have?

Originally Posted by sahilcc7 .

Can I fit the 1.5" slick mtb tyres on a 1.95/2.125 tube?
Thanks.

Sure, if you can make it work there wont be a problem. A rule some of us follow with certain bike bits is -> close enough is good enough.

Originally Posted by ambal .

Sure, if you can make it work there wont be a problem. A rule some of us follow with certain bike bits is -> close enough is good enough.

And another rule that some of us follow is "stupid is as stupid does"

OP, learn what your rim size, figure out if you can properly mount the tires to the rims in question. once you verify that, spend the whopping $5 on the right sized tube. close enough isn't good enough when your talking about your connection to the pavement at 25mph around a corner.

Reactions: jpr95
1.5" tyre is fine on a normal MTB rim. Provided there's a margin between the width of the rim and the width of the tyre (rim narrower than tyre), it will be fine. Most hybrid rims are about the same width as an MTB rim and they often run tyres narrower than that. Cyclocrossers have also been known to use 29er MTB rims and are now limited to 34mm (1.35") tyres - and there is usually much larger tyre forces at work there than on the road.

Tubes are nominally sized for a range of tyre sizes. It is always best to get the correct size tube (and if you can't find it go for the next smaller). What you have can probably be made to fit, but you will be much more likely to pinch the tube on installation and the ride won't be ideal.