1" 700 threaded carbon fork for an old cannondale help

Dave

Guest
I'm looking for a 1" threaded carbon fork for an old cannondale road bike I
have. Is it possible to convert it to threadless or would that be more
difficult to get a carbon fork for it? thanks
Dave

You could convert to 1" threadless, but by the time you replace the
headset and stem...

Look around for an older threaded carbon fork like a Profile BRC.
These generally have an alloy crown and a steel steer tube. I had one
of these on an older Bianchi for a while...very nice forks.
www.chucksbikes.com has a Martec carbon fork (1" threaded) for $25. If
it fits...

Dave wrote:
> I'm looking for a 1" threaded carbon fork for an old cannondale road bike I
> have. Is it possible to convert it to threadless or would that be more
> difficult to get a carbon fork for it? thanks
> Dave

I think Nashbar still has some of those Easton EC30s lying around in 1"
threadless...something like $90, IIRC.

SYJ

Dave wrote:

> I'm looking for a 1" threaded carbon fork for an old cannondale road bike I
> have. Is it possible to convert it to threadless or would that be more
> difficult to get a carbon fork for it? thanks
> Dave

Still popular here. Write me with column length.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On 16 Feb 2006 11:37:43 -0800, "Andy M-S" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>You could convert to 1" threadless, but by the time you replace the
>headset and stem...

I bought my wife's Cannondale CAAD4 frame used a couple of years ago.
It had a Cannondale c/f fork an alloy, threadless steer tube. The
headset is DuraAce and it looks like the threads of the top nut on the
headset have been removed when the longer fork was put in. It works
just like a regular threadless headset.

Dave wrote:
> I'm looking for a 1" threaded carbon fork for an old cannondale road bike I
> have. Is it possible to convert it to threadless or would that be more
> difficult to get a carbon fork for it? thanks
> Dave

Profile still makes 1 icn threasded carbon forks, I just bought
one-$200 retail