1" fork/shock, possible?

New Biker

Guest
Hi all,

I have an old trek 820, I think it has 1" headset. I know it's hard to find a fork/shock to fit
it. But anyone has any lead that I might be able to get one.

Thanks

That one is for threadless headset. Is it possible to change my threaded headset to threadless the
try to find 1" threadless fork shock? Or is there any threaded 1" fork shock?

Thanks

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "New Biker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have an old trek 820, I think it has 1" headset. I know it's hard
> > find a fork/shock to fit it. But anyone has any lead that I might be able to
get
> > one.
>
> HTH: http://www.phattire.com/phattire1/mountain14.html

New Biker <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That one is for threadless headset. Is it possible to change my threaded headset to threadless the
> try to find 1" threadless fork shock? Or is there any threaded 1" fork shock?
>
> Thanks

Yes it can be changed - Most bike shops will be able to hook you up with one.

Shaun aRe

This is something I'm doing at the moment, trying to fit a suspension fork in a frame which has a 1"
head tube. Marzocchi do their MX Comp ETA in a 85mm 1" version - an excellent fork for the price.
You will need to upgrade your headset to a 1" threadless variety - not common but most decent bike
companies will source one for you and you will need either a 1" stem or a
11/8" stem fitted with a shim/spacer to fit around your 1" steerer. Good luck

PAUL

"Are you still wasting your time with spam?... There is a solution!"

Protected by GIANT Company's Spam Inspector The most powerful anti-spam software available.
http://www.giantcompany.com