1% hydrocortisone cream?

perpetual_newb

Mar 2, 2007
I live and train and a very humid and hot city, and with my sensitive skin, that usually turns into a rash on long training days.

I've been told by my doctor that 1% hydrocortisone cream (the stuff you can get over-the-counter) works pretty well so I've been using it off and on. I'm just curious- can using it be considered doping? I know pro's sometimes shoot up with corticosteroids to good effect, but can enough of the steriod get into your blood stream to make a difference if you are just using the cream?

I guess it's idle curiousity, since I'm hardly fast enough to care, and I've not noticed any affect what-so-ever.

No. You'd have to cover yourself head to toe in a thick layer of the stuff to get enough absorption to give you detectable blood levels. A thin layer over a rash is not going to cause problems.

matagi said:
No. You'd have to cover yourself head to toe in a thick layer of the stuff to get enough absorption to give you detectable blood levels. A thin layer over a rash is not going to cause problems.
Thanks.
smile.gif