1 second recording in Polar CS600- able to get 3:40 hrs!

bverdon

Aug 6, 2004
I have had the CS600 with power for about three weeks now and have worked through some initial issues ok. This is the second ride over 3 hours and 40 minutes and I am able to view speed, altitude, distance, cadence, HR, AND power in 1 second increments for the entire ride. According to the manual, this is not possible.

There was an additional ride at 2 hrs and 48 minutes that showed the same thing...but I figured that it was just at the edge of the memory.

Note...I do clear the memory before each ride since I usually download after each ride...not sure if that has anything to do with it...but I think the manual is wrong.
I do get the memory low beep while riding so I don't know what the deal is.

Anyone else have this experience?

confused.gif

jeff262

Apr 20, 2007
After downloading to Pro Trainer did you go to the listings page and look at the recording interval rate after 2:50? It will continue to record, but not at the 1 sec rate. It should be converting to 5 seconds.

bverdon

Aug 6, 2004
jeff262 said:
After downloading to Pro Trainer did you go to the listings page and look at the recording interval rate after 2:50? It will continue to record, but not at the 1 sec rate. It should be converting to 5 seconds.
Yes I did...but I think I know why my data is scewed. Under the curve properties, I have smooth power checked for every 20 seconds...this appearently adjusts or averages the power data out.

I only noticed it when I uploaded the exercise file to my other PC and noticed the differnence...there I did see the 5 second intervals :(

Oh well...mystery solved.