1" Threaded FSuspension Fork

Fredster

Nov 11, 2003
I am looking for some info and Guidance. I have a trek 830 Hardtail and the old RST front shock is shot! I need a new shock for the front. Does anyone have an Idea as to where to find one other than a piece of junk off E-bay or something like that? I love this bike for what I do and Still don't want to upgrade yet.
Fredster

Originally posted by Fredster
I am looking for some info and Guidance. I have a trek 830 Hardtail and the old RST front shock is shot! I need a new shock for the front. Does anyone have an Idea as to where to find one other than a piece of junk off E-bay or something like that? I love this bike for what I do and Still don't want to upgrade yet.
Fredster

get a rockshox judy tt and a threadless stem - whole new machine! i used to have a bridgestone mb-3 with a beautiful lugged steel frame. trouble is it was rigid. so that's what i did and it was great and served me well for years

Originally posted by eddiebrannan
get a rockshox judy tt and a threadless stem - whole new machine! i used to have a bridgestone mb-3 with a beautiful lugged steel frame. trouble is it was rigid. so that's what i did and it was great and served me well for years

Are you saying that I can change my threaded 1" to a threadless?
If this is so, where can I purchase these parts? My LBS says this can't be done. I appreciate your input. Thanks, Fred

yeah you can. just need a threadless headset (like a cane creek c-2), the fork and the stem. easy

yeah you can. just need a threadless headset (like a cane creek c-2), the fork and the stem. easy

Is it welded on or pressed into my 1", with the new threadless fork then being inserted?

pressed in.
index_headset_02.jpg

in the illustration the pink parts press into the headet, the brown parts attach to the steerer and the fork's crown, and the bearing races separate them so the thing can move freely.

in the illustration the pink parts press into the headet, the brown parts attach to the steerer and the fork's crown, and the bearing races separate them so the thing can move freely.

Thanks so much!!! I will check it out. I do appreciate the help.

Originally posted by Fredster My LBS says this can't be done.
Geeze...they are either imbeciles or just want to sell you a new bike. Find another LBS QUICK!