1 way to look better than 20 police motorcyclists!

::dom::

Feb 28, 2004
Reading another thread about overtaking in traffic prompted me to recount this little tale...

When the usual group failed to turn up for yesterday mornings ride I took off on my own. After about ten mins I saw a group of tail lights further along the road. I thought it was my group so naturally I cranked it up to catch them. As I got closer I realised it wasn't cyclists at all but a line of about 20 trainee police motorcyclists on an early morning (presumably because of the lack of traffic) run.

They must have been real novices 'cos they were only going 35kph.

What would you have done???

Overtake them of course!

I got some VERY surprised (and embarrassed) looks.... and a stern glare from the instructor as I hammered past. I ran out of steam shortly after and turned off to the main road before they caught up.

It's not everyday you outrun 20 Moto-cops on a bicycle.

Nicely done, but maybe you should have pulled in at the front and said "Take a break, I'll pull for a while." :)

eric_the_red said:
Nicely done, but maybe you should have pulled in at the front and said "Take a break, I'll pull for a while." :)
LOL. Remind me a bit of the other day. I was nearly wiped out by some old guy in a jeep desperate to get by me when I was going up a steep climb in a tight country lane. Anyway I was near the peak when he passed me and I managed to overtake him on the descent (yes he was one of them drivers) and I did turn around and give him "the look" and pulled a bit in front of him before I turned off so he couldnt try and finish the job.