10 BEST ROAD BIKES - By Nick Davidson

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by todflock, Sep 27, 2013.

  1. todflock

    todflock New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2013
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    We know these have a hefty price tag, but that’s what it takes to be competitive—because you pay for what you get. View the Top 10 Road Bikes List
     
    Tags:


  2. oldbobcat

    oldbobcat Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2003
    Messages:
    3,233
    Likes Received:
    95
    We know that if Men's Fitness says it's so, it must be.

    Best for what? Douchebags.
     
  3. alienator

    alienator Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2004
    Messages:
    12,596
    Likes Received:
    160
    That's a fact. ProTour teams check with Men's Fitness before signing or re-uping with bike sponsors.
     
  4. CAMPYBOB

    CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2005
    Messages:
    11,945
    Likes Received:
    1,036
    Meh. Buncha shimaNO and SCRAM equipped losers. Only the Pina was pictured in Campy?

    I'm off to GQ to find the 10 Best Dressed bikes of the season.
     
  5. Eichers

    Eichers New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2010
    Messages:
    541
    Likes Received:
    4
    Quote: Originally Posted by todflock .
    We know these have a hefty price tag, but that’s what it takes to be competitive—because you pay for what you get.

    Hi todflock, nice bikes and thanks for info ... thanks KL [​IMG]

    Quote: Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB . Meh. Buncha shimaNO and SCRAM equipped losers. Only the Pina was pictured in Campy?
    I'm off to GQ to find the 10 Best Dressed bikes of the season.

    Hi CAMPYBOB, only the Pina with CampagNolNO. Perhaps CampagNolNO needs to start fishing. Good luck at GQ.

    Not too worry ... thanks KL [​IMG]
     
  6. CAMPYBOB

    CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2005
    Messages:
    11,945
    Likes Received:
    1,036
    "Perhaps CampagNolNO needs to start fishing."

    shimaNO and SCRAM already caught all the suckers.
     
  7. danfoz

    danfoz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2011
    Messages:
    2,432
    Likes Received:
    92
    I knew it was gonna be bad news when something other than a road bike graced the pole position photo.
     
  8. Eichers

    Eichers New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2010
    Messages:
    541
    Likes Received:
    4
    Quote: Originally Posted by danfoz .
    I knew it was gonna be bad news when something other than a road bike graced the pole position photo.
    Hi danfoz, the Cannondale CAAD10 is there with Shimano group (no CampagNolNO though, it is gone fishing for suckers rather than fish) and it's a fine bike as are most of the others. The interesting thing though is that they are calling it expensive...

    thanks KL [​IMG]
     
  9. Volnix

    Volnix Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2011
    Messages:
    2,883
    Likes Received:
    139
    Quote: Originally Posted by danfoz .
    I knew it was gonna be bad news when something other than a road bike graced the pole position photo.


    You mean the TT scott?
     
  10. danfoz

    danfoz Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2011
    Messages:
    2,432
    Likes Received:
    92
    Quote: Originally Posted by KLabs .
    Hi danfoz, the Cannondale CAAD10 is there with Shimano group (no CampagNolNO though, it is gone fishing for suckers rather than fish) and it's a fine bike as are most of the others. The interesting thing though is that they are calling it expensive...

    thanks KL [​IMG]


    KLabs, I have heard nothing but good things about the CAAD10 and imo looks great with the horizontal top tube. There are some nice bikes in the lineup, I was just commenting on the arbitrariness of the article behind the link which you seem to have stumbled on yourself.
     
  11. Eichers

    Eichers New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2010
    Messages:
    541
    Likes Received:
    4
    Quote: Originally Posted by danfoz .
    ... I was just commenting on the arbitrariness of the article behind the link which you seem to have stumbled on yourself.
    Hi danfoz, "arbitrariness", no worries. "stumbled on", not sure what you mean or are implying, but no worries ...

    We don't need to ride a bike to get fit, but it is enjoyable and even more enjoyable if the equipment is better than reasonable [​IMG]

    There probably are 10 better bikes than these (maybe) but they are nice bikes (and only one with campagNolNO) [​IMG]

    thanks KL [​IMG]
     
  12. ambal

    ambal Active Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2010
    Messages:
    895
    Likes Received:
    32
    KL everyone knows campag is over rated.
     
  13. CAMPYBOB

    CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2005
    Messages:
    11,945
    Likes Received:
    1,036
    "KL everyone knows campag is over rated."

    It's "Campy" and...

    [​IMG]
     
  14. Eichers

    Eichers New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2010
    Messages:
    541
    Likes Received:
    4
    Quote: Originally Posted by ambal .
    KL everyone knows campag is over rated.

    Hi ambal, you are perhaps right although campybob seems to really like campagNolNO.

    To be campag or to be campy, that is a question (but it probably doesn't need answering)...

    thanks KL [​IMG]
     
  15. 531Aussie

    531Aussie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2004
    Messages:
    12,606
    Likes Received:
    137
    Quote: Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .
    "KL everyone knows campag is over rated."

    It's "Campy" and...

    [​IMG]


    It's "Campag"; "Campy" is girly :)
     
  16. CAMPYBOB

    CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2005
    Messages:
    11,945
    Likes Received:
    1,036
    You're correct, of course. Campy is girly

    [​IMG]

    I like what they've done with the 'Y'!

    Campag, on the other hand, is just plain gay.
     
  17. mpre53

    mpre53 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2013
    Messages:
    1,098
    Likes Received:
    87
    Quote: Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .




    Campag, on the other hand, is just plain gay.



    Not to mention, butchering of the Italian language.

    The word is pronounced Cahm pah NEO lo. Not Compag nolo.

    And it's gruppo, if you want to refer to a group set with an Italian affect. "Groupo" might have been one of the obscure Marx Brothers--maybe a distant cousin. Just call it a fucking group. No one is impressed by gruppo---least of all any Italian.

    The Italian word for a collection of machinery designed to work as a unit is complesso.
     
  18. 531Aussie

    531Aussie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2004
    Messages:
    12,606
    Likes Received:
    137
    Quote: Originally Posted by mpre53 .


    Not to mention, butchering of the Italian language.

    The word is pronounced Cahm pah NEO lo. Not Compag nolo.

    And it's gruppo, if you want to refer to a group set with an Italian affect. "Groupo" might have been one of the obscure Marx Brothers--maybe a distant cousin. Just call it a fucking group. No one is impressed by gruppo---least of all any Italian.

    The Italian word for a collection of machinery designed to work as a unit is complesso.


    Ha! Then you'd struggle in the coffee shops down here, coz that's how a lot of Aussies say it. :)
     
  19. 531Aussie

    531Aussie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2004
    Messages:
    12,606
    Likes Received:
    137
    Quote: Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .
    You're correct, of course. Campy is girly

    [​IMG]

    I like what they've done with the 'Y'!

    Campag, on the other hand, is just plain gay.


    You're not gunna sway me with cleavage.
    Actually, "Campag" is Australasian, so it's a cultural thing :)
     
  20. Eichers

    Eichers New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2010
    Messages:
    541
    Likes Received:
    4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mpre53 .
    ... The word is pronounced Cahm pah NEO lo...
    Hi mpre53, so ... to be campag or to be campy or to be campa or to be campagNolNO ... so many options [​IMG]

    thanks KL [​IMG]
     
Loading...
Loading...