10 BEST ROAD BIKES - By Nick Davidson

Are you sure its not "Campagnolo-nostra"???
big-smile.png

0.jpg

0.jpg

Campagnolo-nostra stuff starts at 16:20 :
wink.png

0.jpg

"Just call it a ****ing group. No one is impressed by gruppo---least of all any Italian."

No ****ing ****!!!

And I swear to hell I'm going to punch the next snot nosed douche nozzle I hear that uses the word "kit" to describe his shorts/jersey.

"Ha! Then you'd struggle in the coffee shops down here, coz that's how a lot of Aussies say it. :)"

Y'all talk funny!
big-smile.png

"Now THAT's a knoife!"

ha: Douche-nozzle.....stolen and used already

How about "group-farking-set"?

It sounds more interesting

You guys now have the coffee shop explosion going on there, too? Whatever happened to beer and shrimp on the barbie after a ride?

Tell me that the employees who pour you a cup out of the thermos jug don't call themselves baristas, at least.

yeah, it's massive down here.

I hate it, coz the only time I like to stop while i'm riding is for a ****,,,,,well, only if I haffta.

We've even got cafes sponsoring cyclists :)

Quote: Originally Posted by 531Aussie .

We've even got cafes sponsoring cyclists :)

There is still a long way to go...
big-smile.png

(Picture taken in London)

Hmmm let me think... 5 euros for a Starbuckaneers Freddochino and sit in a coffee shop after a ride with those guys with the latest paperback books like the "50 shades of slim shady" or 5 euros for a 10-pack of beer from the supermarket and then "drink socialy" whilst listening to heavy metal...

Hmmm... Freddochino - 10pack of beer... Freddochino..... 10 pack of beer. Its a tough one... but I will go for the 10pack of beer...
big-smile.png

Italian ice cream shops on the other hand... now thats something else...
smile.png

Quote: Originally Posted by Volnix .

Hmmm let me think... 5 euros for a Starbuckaneers Freddochino and sit in a coffee shop after a ride with those guys with the latest paperback books like the "50 shades of slim shady" or 5 euros for a 10-pack of beer from the supermarket and then "drink socialy" whilst listening to heavy metal......
smile.png

Eh, I can't concentrate properly on **** when I'm drunk. :)
Do you guys have $1 7-Eleven cappuccinos? That's more my level. Best......value.....ever!

Eh, I can't concentrate properly on **** when I'm drunk. :)
Do you guys have $1 7-Eleven cappuccinos? That's more my level. Best......value.....ever!

We do... but there are no seven eleven stores here... There is a local franchise of mini stores that sell all their coffees for 1euro for take out. There are two of these franchise businesses actually. They make some good coffee I guess but I cant drink too much coffee... I get very hyperactive... I just drink one in the morning and used to drink some when I was working in an office.

They had this "device"
big-smile.png
which was grinding the coffee at the spot and after some "huffing and puffing" the black drink of "I wanna drink something but I had too much water and juice allready plus I am at work and I cant have a cold one because if I do I am gonna get ****** fired and starred at from the half man - half desk dull colleague" was poured on the cup...
big-smile.png
Then I had to put the cup in the washing machine before I left.
big-smile.png

Then there are the more "posh" coffee places but those are totally random with expensive furniture and some tarty design... about 5 euros for a cup there too but there is a dress code and its not cycling clothes...
big-smile.png
They look kinda pimp-ish - ****-ish - etc ... Not too many just coffee gourmet places here like starbucks, or some smaller independent ones like in some other countries in Europe. There has to be an organic coffee and cake place somewhere here I guess but I havent searched around much...

But they finally started to have some pub like places here, with pints and normal prices... A small bottle of standard beer can cost as much as 8euros in the above mentioned pimp-ish places. But not as good as these ones though:
big-smile.png

Ha. Good picture.
No 7-Elevens? Jee! Where are ya? Lillehammer? How do you cope? :)
I've got four 7-11s in a 3km radius, and at least 9 or 10 within 10km. I'm not kidding. According to this, it looks like there's 242 in Melbourne: http://7eleven.com.au/stores
I hope it doesn't sound like bragging; I'm just a little shocked. Ha.

Anyhoos. ..... Five Euro for a coffee is crazy ($7.20 AUD), but, from what I've heard, that's not uncommon in joints like London, etc. I stopped buying fancy coffee from 'real' cafes when the price hit 4 bucks for a takeaway. Fark that. :) And this is in middle-class suburbs. I mean, maybe if I was occupying a table in the sun , while reading a new bike magazine, or having a la di da dinner, but not if I have to walk back to my car in the cold with a takeway

Most of our 7-Elevens now have these Cafina Alpha machines, which grind fresh (?) beans. All for a buck. Woo hoo! In fact, I just had two in me car.
This is my best thread-derailment ever :)

Yeah, booze prices in pubs and clubs here is getting ridiculous. I was working in yobbo pub yesterday, and saw a guy get reamed 15 bucks for 2 Coronas. Some fancy clubs charge 9 or 10 bucks for stuff like 330ml "imported" Heinekens, which I'm pretty sure is re-bottled in Sydney!

Here in southeastern New England in the States, we have a chain of convenience stores called Cumberland Farms, which has great coffee for $1 US. Any size, and it's very good coffee. And for the month of October, it's free on Fridays. All self-serve. No tip jar on the counter.
big-smile.png

We have 7-11 too, but their coffee isn't as good. And they leave the glass pots on the heating element all day, so the coffee gets that strong burnt taste after awhile.

Dunkin' Donuts is the other big coffee chain around here, and it blows chunks.
sick.png

No 7-Elevens? Jee! Where are ya? Lillehammer? How do you cope? :)
I've got four 7-11s in a 3km radius, and at least 9 or 10 within 10km. I'm not kidding. According to this, it looks like there's 242 in Melbourne: http://7eleven.com.au/stores
I hope it doesn't sound like bragging; I'm just a little shocked. Ha.

Anyhoos. ..... Five Euro for a coffee is crazy ($7.20 AUD), but, from what I've heard, that's not uncommon in joints like London, etc. I stopped buying fancy coffee from 'real' cafes when the price hit 4 bucks for a takeaway. Fark that. :) And this is in middle-class suburbs. I mean, maybe if I was occupying a table in the sun , while reading a new bike magazine, or having a la di da dinner, but not if I have to walk back to my car in the cold with a takeway

Most of our 7-Elevens now have these Cafina Alpha machines, which grind fresh (?) beans. All for a buck. Woo hoo! In fact, I just had two in me car.
This is my best thread-derailment ever :)

Yeah, booze prices in pubs and clubs here is getting ridiculous. I was working in yobbo pub yesterday, and saw a guy get reamed 15 bucks for 2 Coronas. Some fancy clubs charge 9 or 10 bucks for stuff like 330ml "imported" Heinekens, which I'm pretty sure is re-bottled in Sydney!

Far from it... I am in south Europe... Btw... I had a cool cycling fanatic gf (who was living near Lillehammer
big-smile.png
) once (which ofcourse eventually dumped me) that was telling me the strategy of the 7-11 stores... Its eeevil!
big-smile.png
Basically she said, that they scout around to find convenience stores in the streets and then they open a 7-11 exactly on the opposite shop and they start to sell the same stuff cheaper.
big-smile.png
If its true they are really damn evil...
big-smile.png

Ah, no... In London a coffee costs 50pence (70euro cent) in a pub. Nobody drinks coffee. But thats filter coffee. If you want espresso you probably need to go to a place like "Costa" or "Starbucks" or this other one that I dont remember. There its startbucks style and it can cost 6euro or something for a big one with some whipped cream... I only like the cakes in these places...

The 5 euro coffee pimp-ish stores here are like that, usually with tables in the sun (illegally placed without a permit from the city hall most of the times) and they dont do take out... Its more of a ... "bar" thing but its open all day and its for coffee until the night and then for drinks, but they have espresso machines and all that, but no cakes.
sad.png
They give you a wrapped biscuit sometimes with the coffee but nothing fresh...

Coronas??????????
big-smile.png
Ah... Well, Coronas are "special" and they can cost as much as 8 or 9 euro in the pimp-ish shops... Its usually 5-6 euros for a standard locally brewed and bottled amstel... Some times they might have some big 500ml glasses which cost something around 5-6 euro, but again standard localy brewed stuff... I miss having these "Spitfire" ales in the UK for 3euro...
smile.png
The UK brewed "Stellas" werent bad either, (for getting wasted
big-smile.png
).

Ah yes... I dont even know how it is in clubs around here... Not my kind of fun. Something like 9euro for a small glass of "Scotch" whiskey... Aged for 5days in Singapore Lead Barrels and something like 6euro for a small locally brewed beer bottle I guess (not Corona!!!
big-smile.png
).

Apparently they have lots of "expenses"... Like music playing licences, paying their unregistered employees, paying fines to the city hall for the illegal tables etc...
big-smile.png
... Not too many fire escape doors either though...
sad.png

Ha. It's "delusion curated" by the gerzney

"Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities.”
I'm sticking with the first version :p

Quote: Originally Posted by Volnix .
Far from it... I am in south Europe... Btw... I had a cool cycling fanatic gf (who was living near Lillehammer
big-smile.png
) once (which ofcourse eventually dumped me) that was telling me the strategy of the 7-11 stores... Its eeevil!
big-smile.png
Basically she said, that they scout around to find convenience stores in the streets and then they open a 7-11 exactly on the opposite shop and they start to sell the same stuff cheaper.
big-smile.png
If its true they are really damn evil...
big-smile.png

Ah, no... In London a coffee costs 50pence (70euro cent) in a pub. Nobody drinks coffee. But thats filter coffee. If you want espresso you probably need to go to a place like "Costa" or "Starbucks" or this other one that I dont remember. There its startbucks style and it can cost 6euro or something for a big one with some whipped cream... I only like the cakes in these places...

The 5 euro coffee pimp-ish stores here are like that, usually with tables in the sun (illegally placed without a permit from the city hall most of the times) and they dont do take out... Its more of a ... "bar" thing but its open all day and its for coffee until the night and then for drinks, but they have espresso machines and all that, but no cakes.
sad.png
They give you a wrapped biscuit sometimes with the coffee but nothing fresh...

Coronas??????????
big-smile.png
Ah... Well, Coronas are "special" and they can cost as much as 8 or 9 euro in the pimp-ish shops... Its usually 5-6 euros for a standard locally brewed and bottled amstel... Some times they might have some big 500ml glasses which cost something around 5-6 euro, but again standard localy brewed stuff... I miss having these "Spitfire" ales in the UK for 3euro...
smile.png
The UK brewed "Stellas" werent bad either, (for getting wasted
big-smile.png
).

Ah yes... I dont even know how it is in clubs around here... Not my kind of fun. Something like 9euro for a small glass of "Scotch" whiskey... Aged for 5days in Singapore Lead Barrels and something like 6euro for a small locally brewed beer bottle I guess (not Corona!!!
big-smile.png
).

Apparently they have lots of "expenses"... Like music playing licences, paying their unregistered employees, paying fines to the city hall for the illegal tables etc...
big-smile.png
... Not too many fire escape doors either though...
sad.png

A Lillehammer Norgen Vaaz chick? Oooo, er. :)

It sounds like we're far from the only country getting shafted on booze prices. In fact, those prices look worse, especially 9 Euro for a shot of whiskey and a dribble of fake Coke.
We've all probably heard the stories about Coronas costing a buck in some joints in Mexico.

Yep, the 7-Eleven 'evilness' isn't surprising, I guess. They're well entrenched here, with the first store opening just a few km up the road from me in 1977. In fact, I was just there. :)

While we instantly fell for 7-Eleven (in 1977, NOTHING was open after hours around here; only petrol stations), we don't always fall for US jizz, with Starbucks and Krispy Kreme begin good examples.
http://www.dynamicexport.com.au/blogs/marketing-lessons-whatever-happened-to-starbucks/
http://startupblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/why-krispy-kreme-failed-in-australia/
For all I know, there may have been several business or economic climate reasons for this, but I'm just gunna say that we didn't buy the hype. :) HA

Quote: Originally Posted by danfoz .
"Delusions are as necessary to our happiness as realities.”
I'm sticking with the first version :p

Yep, we've gotta distract ourselves from the horrors of reality with toys, chicks, tv and ****; maybe even all at once. :)