10 spd chain with powerlink/magiclink etc for Shimano

none

Guest
I saw this query has been addressed before but wanted to know if maybe
I am missing something new....

want a 10 spd Shimano compatible chain with a removable link...

wipperman has about 10 versions for Campy
sram--no, why not yet?
KMC-where would i buy this (LBS wise)??? their website is retarded.
mavic-is shifting as good as with shimano 10 spd chain?

thx

none-<< want a 10 spd Shimano compatible chain with a removable link.
>><BR><BR>

Mavic/Wipperman or the Wipperman is Campagnolo and shimano 10s compatible.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

none wrote:

> I saw this query has been addressed before but wanted to know if maybe
> I am missing something new....
>
> want a 10 spd Shimano compatible chain with a removable link...
>
> wipperman has about 10 versions for Campy
> sram--no, why not yet?
> KMC-where would i buy this (LBS wise)??? their website is retarded.
> mavic-is shifting as good as with shimano 10 spd chain?

Yes, Wippermann shifts fine in Shimano Ten systems. My guess
is that the boxes were printed before Shimano offered Ten,
so it says "Campagnolo".
KMC-Best value, great product, nice snap link. Who cares
about the web page anyway? That doesn't affect shifting and
any competent LBS has the chain you need. Their box also
says "Campagnolo" - with the actual logo , no less.

Shimano and Campagnolo both have a severe case of "not
invented here" regarding snaplinks - to their detriment. It
would be sad if it weren't so humorous, the machinations
they both went through to avoid paying a partial cent per
chain for the use of a great design.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> none-<< want a 10 spd Shimano compatible chain with a removable link.
> >><BR><BR>

> Mavic/Wipperman or the Wipperman is Campagnolo and shimano 10s compatible.
>
> Peter Chisholm
> Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> 1833 Pearl St.
> Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535
> http://www.vecchios.com
> "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Which Wipperman? I assume it's the Connex 10 series? Does it work as well,
not quite as well, or better? I'm a big rider and go through a lot of
chains so have shied way from expensive chains, but I've always wanted to
give a Wipperman a try.

Thanks

none-<< Which Wipperman? I assume it's the Connex 10 series? Does it work as
well,
not quite as well, or better? >><BR><BR>

Works on par with other 10s chains. KMC, Campagnolo, shimano.

Yes the '10s' version.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
<snip>
> Yes, Wippermann shifts fine in Shimano Ten systems. My guess
> is that the boxes were printed before Shimano offered Ten,
> so it says "Campagnolo".

<snip>

I have one Campag 10 with Campag's chain and one with a Wipperman SS
chain, and the Wipperman seems to shift with much more of a clunk,
less smoothly than the Campag. Perhaps this is just a reflection of
the setup on the different bikes, but when I mentioned it to my LBS
they said they had heard other similar reports.

Also, the Wipperman link is NOWHERE NEAR as easy to fasten and
unfasten as the traditional SRAM. In my experience the Wipperman chain
must be spotlessly clean to manipulate the link.

Fred Roses

fred-<< In my experience the Wipperman chain
must be spotlessly clean to manipulate the link. >><BR><BR>

Just give the link a short blast of WD-40...then unhook it.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302