10 spd Dura Ace triple alternative?

kristiancyclist

Dec 13, 2005
I am (very) slowly building up my dream bike and I am considering a 10 spd Dura Ace triple crankset. What other alternative 10 speed triple cranks are out there? I know FSA makes some beautiful triple cranksets. Are they 10 speed compatible? I would love to hear fromyou.

Thanks! :)

-- Boris
"Ride hard. Pray harder."

kristiancyclist said:
I am (very) slowly building up my dream bike and I am considering a 10 spd Dura Ace triple crankset. What other alternative 10 speed triple cranks are out there? I know FSA makes some beautiful triple cranksets. Are they 10 speed compatible? I would love to hear fromyou.

Thanks! :)

-- Boris
"Ride hard. Pray harder."

FSA will work with 10s. You can also use Campagnolo cranks with Dura Ace chains/casettes and vice versa, although the purists would balk at mixing brands. Truvativ (SRAM company) and Ritchey also make road triples that should work well with 10s drivetrains. There are also other manufacturers.

John M said:
FSA will work with 10s. You can also use Campagnolo cranks with Dura Ace chains/casettes and vice versa, although the purists would balk at mixing brands. Truvativ (SRAM company) and Ritchey also make road triples that should work well with 10s drivetrains. There are also other manufacturers.
Stronglight ( http://www.zefal.com/stronglight/page.php?nom=produits&keySousFamille=pedalierRoute ) also has about five different really nice triples to choose from. (if you have money tree growing in the backyard, it helps);)

I have a DuraAce double now, but am thinking about moving to a compact. Any thoughts / inputs on the new Shimano compact (which I understand is not part of any group), or moving to other compacts (FSA, etc.)?