10-speed and disc hub

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Paul G, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Paul G

    Paul G New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2003
    Hi there!

    I want to use 10-speed and disc brakes on a carbon lowracer recumbent. Does a 10-speed casette fits a disc-hub?

    Thanks,

    Paul

    Tags:

  2. Dear Paul: you can use a 10sp cassette on a 9sp hub.all 8,9 and 10sp hub bodies can use 8 to 10sp
    setups.this is for shimano only. Thank you Earl GRR,RANS V2 Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

  3. Paul G

    Paul G New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2003
    Thanks!!

    Paul

  4. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Paul G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi there!
    >
    > I want to use 10-speed and disc brakes on a carbon lowracer recumbent. Does a 10-speed casette
    > fits a disc-hub?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Paul

    There's been some chatter about this on rec.bicycles.tech . Apparently the cassette bodies are *not*
    identical, but you *can* put a 10-speed cassette on a current disc-brake hub, so you're OK.

    You can't put a 9-speed cassette on a 10-speed hub, though- it sounds like Shimano made the cassette
    body longer.

    Jeff