10-speed and disc hub

Paul G

New Member
Dec 6, 2003
Hi there!

I want to use 10-speed and disc brakes on a carbon lowracer recumbent. Does a 10-speed casette fits a disc-hub?

Thanks,

Paul

Dear Paul: you can use a 10sp cassette on a 9sp hub.all 8,9 and 10sp hub bodies can use 8 to 10sp
setups.this is for shimano only. Thank you Earl GRR,RANS V2 Ti Rush,Ti Pursuit

Paul G <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi there!
>
> I want to use 10-speed and disc brakes on a carbon lowracer recumbent. Does a 10-speed casette
> fits a disc-hub?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

There's been some chatter about this on rec.bicycles.tech . Apparently the cassette bodies are *not*
identical, but you *can* put a 10-speed cassette on a current disc-brake hub, so you're OK.

You can't put a 9-speed cassette on a 10-speed hub, though- it sounds like Shimano made the cassette
body longer.

Jeff