10 speed crank on 9s group

tosh_84

Aug 14, 2004
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a Chorus 10s crank work with the 9s chorus group? Ik know Campagnolo says it's impossible, but I've done a lot of things that were not "possible".
Ik know the spacing between the 2 chainrings is slightly smaller. Maybe some special thin "spacers" would do the trick?
Has anyone tried something similar or knows the awnser?

tosh_84 said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to make a Chorus 10s crank work with the 9s chorus group? Ik know Campagnolo says it's impossible, but I've done a lot of things that were not "possible".
Ik know the spacing between the 2 chainrings is slightly smaller. Maybe some special thin "spacers" would do the trick?
Has anyone tried something similar or knows the awnser?
It's not impossible. The rings sit .4mm closer togetehr on the 10 speed cranks. A 9 speed chain works perfectly on them. If you worry about the .4mm, www.branfordbike.com sells chainring spacers.

Thanks a lot! 0.4 mm won't be a problem for me.

Where did you get this information? I've been looking for it for days, but did not found it.

tosh_84 said:
Thanks a lot! 0.4 mm won't be a problem for me.

Where did you get this information? I've been looking for it for days, but did not found it.
www.branfordbike.com has lots of good campy stuff in their catalogue section.Don't buy everything they say tho,as it's usually a regurgitation of the campy line.