10 speed Dura Ace - Mavic Cosmic Carbon compatability

Originally posted by Toerat
Currently using Mavic Cosmic Carbons and 9 speed Shimano Tiagra groupset anyone know if the the new Dura Ace 10 speed casette will be compatible or not?? please see link to mavic technical assistance

IF you plan on upgrading to 10spd you'll need to change at LEAST the following: Chain/Cassette, Shifters, Cranks - FD also VERY recommended.

Some will tell you that you can keep your cranks, but then you will always get chain Rub - same if you keep you 9spd FD.

Originally posted by allmountain
IF you plan on upgrading to 10spd you'll need to change at LEAST the following: Chain/Cassette, Shifters, Cranks - FD also VERY recommended.

Some will tell you that you can keep your cranks, but then you will always get chain Rub - same if you keep you 9spd FD.
I don't think that ws the question. The business about the cranks and FD is BS.

Originally posted by boudreaux
I don't think that ws the question. The business about the cranks and FD is BS.

the answer to his question was in his reply bordeaux. the 10spd Cassette will NOT be compatiable because a 9spd chain is 6.2mm and the 10spd is 5.7

and what is it about the cranks and FD that is BS ??

the answer to his question was in his reply bordeaux. the 10spd Cassette will NOT be compatiable because a 9spd chain is 6.2mm and the 10spd is 5.7

and what is it about the cranks and FD that is BS ??
His reply? what did I miss?? I took the question to ask if the 10 speed shimano casette would be compatible with the wheels he was using, certianly not all the rest of a 9 speeed group. Sorry, it was a barge load of hooey,not BS. AFWIW, a shimano 9 speed chain is 6.6mm. FYI, a Sram 89r hollow pin is 6.2 and with a connex 10 link will work on a shimano 10 speed casette.

His reply? what did I miss?? I took the question to ask if the 10 speed shimano casette would be compatible with the wheels he was using, certianly not all the rest of a 9 speeed group. Sorry, it was a barge load of hooey,not BS. AFWIW, a shimano 9 speed chain is 6.6mm. FYI, a Sram 89r hollow pin is 6.2 and with a connex 10 link will work on a shimano 10 speed casette.

actually, we were both wrong, the 9spd DA chain is 6.5 and the 7800 5.7 if we are going to get picky

2nd, i interpreted the question as to if the Cassette will work with his existing setup - not just the wheels.

if you want to sacrific your shifting quality and suggest to someone they use a SRAM chain on the 7800 setup (with a Connex link), then that's your deal.. but it will be your mess to deal with when they come back whining about poor quality shifting.

what the hell is AFWIW anyways?

actually, we were both wrong, the 9spd DA chain is 6.5 and the 7800 5.7 if we are going to get picky

2nd, i interpreted the question as to if the Cassette will work with his existing setup - not just the wheels.

if you want to sacrific your shifting quality and suggest to someone they use a SRAM chain on the 7800 setup (with a Connex link), then that's your deal.. but it will be your mess to deal with when they come back whining about poor quality shifting.

what the hell is AFWIW anyways?
Your chain width #s are as hooified as your crankset and derailer rub. I wasm't suggesting he do anything. You said a chain of a certain width wouldn't work,and I said otherwise.

Your chain width #s are as hooified as your crankset and derailer rub. I wasm't suggesting he do anything. You said a chain of a certain width wouldn't work,and I said otherwise.

if i knew what your 12 year old lingo "hooified" meant i might be able to respond accordingly, however as i don't i will simply point you to www.shimano.com and please reference the CN-7701 & CN-7800 if you think that my chain widths are off....

and yes, a 9spd chain will not work on the 10 spd system. I hope you are not a mechanic in a shop

AllMountain,
I think the question is whether the 10 spd cassette will work with the Cosmic Carbones'? Yes it will. You can also use that chain combo for what it's worth. Peace.

Scuba Steve